Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2007-09-12 11:33:01

**_vanblokland_**

Synchronized Audio

I am using Adobe Presenter 6.0.432 Build 432. When synchronizing audio The first click does not appear to work. It is as though there was a hidden animation that does not appear. This is throwing off all the timing on the animations by one click. I am only using "on click" properties.   I have deleted all animation from the slide and re timed everything. Still plays off when published.

#2 2007-09-12 14:05:29

**_Terry_at_RefinedData_com_**

Re: Synchronized Audio

There's a new Presenter build available (6.2) that may help as it contains numerous bug fixes. You can also look at the audio in the Audio Editor to see the timing of the individual click events.

If this still does not solve the issue you could send me the presentation and I'd be happy to take a look at what's going on.

Regards,

Terry

#3 2007-09-13 11:15:13

**_vanblokland_**

I installed presenter 6.1 and still have the issue. When you select Synchronize audio and click the stop watch for the first animation, nothing happens, a second click now adds action 1.  When published everything is off. While this could be correct manually, it defeats the purpose of the tool. It acts as though there is a phantom action that is not showing.

#4 2007-09-13 11:49:09

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

Does this happen for all your slides, or just the first? Also if you are using a PPT animation that is not supported by presenter, though there are not many, you may run into this problem. Try a different animation and see if that helps.

Also, what version of PPT are you using. The newer the version the better the integration. 2000 works well, 2003 works better and 2007 works best, except for not supporting 2007 save files. A newer version of PPT along with presenter 6.1 or 6.2 may solve the problem as well.

Jorma

#5 2007-09-13 15:46:35

**_vanblokland_**

There are other animations and the problem is noticed on slide 8 It is simply fade/very fast and 'on click'. I'm using PPT 2003 SP2. I have just installed presenter 6.1. I have not seen 6.2 but we have not installed SP3 for Connect.  Is thereThere are 34 animations on the slide but it the problem starts with the 1st animation.

#6 2007-09-13 17:36:28

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

I worked with a client with this problem as well, but could never duplicate it. I tried on both PPT 03 and PPT 07 with presenter 6.1. The problem only seemed to come up when there were 10+ animations per slide and, like your issue, the happened later in the slide deck.

Try removing the first animation on the problem slide and re-inserting it, or, worst case senario, find a way to make that ppt slide a SWF file, Captivate, and use that instead.

This definitly seems to be a bug in Presenter and Adobe should probably be made aware. Maybe it will be solved with the next version of Presenter when it comes out.

I've looked for presenter 6.2 and it's not out. Just started hearing people talk about it and thought that it was released. Oh well.

Jorma

#7 2007-09-13 17:55:20

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

Just found presenter 6.2. Guess it is out, I'd recommend getting if you can. If you have a Connect account just log on the home page and click on the Getting Started link and then choose Adobe Presenter a little down the page.

Jorma

#8 2007-09-14 09:35:04

**_vanblokland_**

Do you have the link to download 6.2? Not getting much help from support.

#9 2007-09-14 10:52:41

**_Terry_at_RefinedData_com_**

Do you have a hosted account with Adobe? If so, you should be able to get the upgrade easily - I can show you how if you're having problems - otherwise you're unlikely to get any help from support without some sort of payment for the product.

How did you get your existing copy of Presenter?

If you send me the problematic presentation I can tell you if the problem is resolved in 6.2.

All the Best,

Terry

#10 2007-09-14 22:41:06

**_Hotdog_**

If you have a hosted account you can just log in and install the latest version. On your home page under "Learn" select "Getting Started" scroll down and select "Install Adobe Presenter".
For more information see: http://www.adobe.com/support/connect/updates.html
or just contact me and I'll be glad to help. 585-899-5300 x156

#11 2007-09-17 07:59:46

**_vanblokland_**

I do have the hosted account but we have not installed SP3 yet which I'm assuming will have the 6.2 presenter.

#12 2007-09-17 16:48:43

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

Vanblokland,

If you have a hosted account then you have SP3 installed. Just go to the "Getting Started" link on your homepage when you log onto your connect enterprise account. Then download the Presenter installer and you should have Presenter 6.2. To double check, after downloading the Presenter installer put your mouse over it and it should give you a pop-up box that says Presenter 6.2.0 or Presenter 6.1.0.  That way you will know which installer you have.

Jorma

#13 2007-09-19 07:38:47

**_vanblokland_**

Because I had not installed SP3 yet, I used the trial account at Adobe and downloaded the 6.2 player. It did not resolve the sync issues. I have since done the SP3 upgrade and can load presenter 6.2.
I have manually moved the markers in the audio to make it work but the issue is still there.  I'll work in it later. I have an open ticket with eService on adobe that has been open for over a week with no response.

Board footer