Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2012-02-07 09:56:30

**_blakerich_**

AC 8 sp2 installed, LDAP now non-functional

Good Morning,
  I updated from AC8 sp1 to AC8 sp2 over the weekend and found yesterday that my users who connect via LDAP can no longer connect.  I've verified LDAP connection settings -- it verifies just fine.  On the LDAP server side, I can see a successful login logged, but the login page returns with a invalid username or password error.

In the Access log, it shows the following:

2012-02-07    00:29:45    "No data could be found."    PRINCIPAL    NO_DATA    W    A    PUBLIC {cookie=breezv9fhur5q72anpyuo, account-id=7, ip=127.0.0.1}    "POST https://connect.xxx.xxx/system/login/ok … ct.xxx.xxx [{next=[/admin?domain=connect.xxx.xxx], domain=[connect.xxx.xxx], feature=1294=[Login], feature=[1294], login=[myloginname], set-lang=[en], password=xxxxxxxxxx}]"    3    33/41    0

I have LDAP set to fail to local.  When a local password is set and type, it will work fine. 

Has anyone seen this type of thing before?

Thanks!

#2 2012-02-07 20:53:29

**_blakerich_**

Re: AC 8 sp2 installed, LDAP now non-functional

Good Evening,
  What we ended up finding is that the move from sp1 to sp2 seemed to change the interaction with our LDAP server.   From AC 6 to AC 8 sp1, the field specifications didn't seem to be case sensitive and  I didn't have to specify a filter for the search -- I let the whole tree be searched.  Making sure all the fields matched the case in LDAP and specifying a more specific filter fixed the problem.  I had also imported the LDAP servers certificates in  the <install_root>/jre/lib/security/cacerts file previously, which may or may not have been necessary -- if I get a chance, I'll remove them and test.

Setting the filter to return one account and checking the synchronization preview helped with troubleshooting it.

Thanks!

Board footer