Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2012-01-24 16:20:59

**_kmpalencia_**

Deleted Content cause 'Request Not Processed' error

Hello,

As you know, you are able to upload content to the Connect server. We upload .pdf files, Adobe Presentations, audio files and videos.

And a user can create a custom URL, I create custom URLS for documentation. If the documentation has any updates, I simply re-upload the content and the URL stays in tact.

But, you can also delete the URL, and re-use it for another document.

Recently, when I deleted content (thus deleting the URL it was associated with), and tried to re-use it, I am getting a message indicating that the URL is still in use. Even though the content has been deleted.

When I visit the URL I get a message "Request Not Processed" and "The system was unable to process your request. "

If it was a non-used URL I would get "Not Found" typically.

This leaves me to believe that the process is still attempting to delete.

I tried deleting other content and re-using their urls and I have been able to. It appears to be just a hiccup/ghost for the other I am having an issue with.

I am unable to find anything in the databases with the file name or the url. Has anyone experienced anything like this before?

Sincerely,

Kim

#2 2012-01-24 17:45:31

**_Jeff_at_RealEyes_**

Re: Deleted Content cause 'Request Not Processed' error

Hi Kim,
From the symptoms, it sounds like the Content itself is still "in use" systematically. Have you tried restarting the server? As clich

#3 2012-02-01 14:02:34

**_kmpalencia_**

Thank you Jeff. That is a good idea. We restarted it , but unfortunately, it's still "in use". I searched the databases, and it's gone. Very strange. We have a scheduled task to remove unwanted/old/deleted items, so I am hoping once I let that run it will officially get rid of it. It's just odd, I have been deleting and re-using for years. I am leaving this thread opened, so when it finally is resolved, I will update it.

#4 2012-06-11 11:27:05

**_williamwatkins_**

I'm experiencing a similar issue.  I was able to publish from Captivate to our Connect server once.  Now, no matter what I do to update that eLearning (publish or upload) I get a message the content exists.

You mentioned you have a scheduled task to remove unwanted/old/deleted items.  Can you share more information about how you do that?  What are the commands to make that happen?

**I'm fairly new to Captivate and Connect - so apologize up front if this is information that I should know or have learned about early on.**

Board footer