Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2011-12-29 19:49:10

**_Kerrydc_**

ConnectSolutions HD Video Pod for Adobe Connect Now Available on GitHu

The ConnectSolutions team is pleased to add our HDPod for Adobe Connect source code to the open source community. Leveraging the Adobe Connect Collaboration SDK, the HDPod offers seamless integration and synchronization with any Adobe Connect 8 meeting room or event. The code makes any HDPod capable of streaming any RTMP stream into an Adobe Connect room. It is written in ActionScript 3.0 and can be accessed on GitHub: https://github.com/connectsolutions/HDPod

Over the years, the HD Pod has been used by a number of our customers to enhance video quality in their Connect rooms. By open sourcing this code, we hope more people will be able to enjoy enhanced viewing experiences with Connect.

#2 2011-12-31 10:02:24

alistairlee

Re: ConnectSolutions HD Video Pod for Adobe Connect Now Available on GitHu

Kerrydc - fantastic news.  Thanks!

#3 2012-02-23 07:46:11

**_batkobiker_**

Hi Kerrydc.

I have some questions regarding your HDPod.

Is there any documentation?
If you feed the live feed into HDpod, what happens then with recording of the meeting room? Have you managed to switch live RTMP with recording of that stream into AC recording?

Thanks!

#4 2012-02-23 13:01:05

**_Kerrydc_**

Hello batkobiker,

All of the available documentation is in GitHub (https://github.com/connectsolutions/HDPod). As for recording, the stream in the HDPod is not included in the Adobe Connect recording.

Hope this helps!

#5 2012-05-09 06:14:20

**_davidroethler_**

How can the HDPod be installed? I could not find a manual or documentation. (I hope that this question is not stupid)

#6 2012-05-09 10:47:50

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

You should be able to output a SWF file, and then load that SWF into a Share Pod. All of the settings will be configured when you are creating the SWF.

#7 2012-05-16 01:57:48

**_goudsc_**

Can someone please post the working HDPod SWF file please. I am not a Flash developer however I would like try this pod to see if it works for us.

Appreciate a lot to help a non technical person like me.

#8 2012-05-16 12:02:53

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

Here is the link to the commercial version of the tool, http://www.connectsolutions.com/connect … ns-podium/.

I would reach out to ConnectSolutions and see if they can get you something.

#9 2012-05-16 12:56:55

**_mcspooky_**

I am in the same boat here. In the very least is there a better(and complete) description how to do this? I have flash builder (4) but no idea how to compile it all correctly. My efforts so far have been fruitless.

Last edited by **_mcspooky_** (2012-05-16 12:57:10)

#10 2012-05-16 22:00:53

**_goudsc_**

Thanks Jorma. I have no experience with Flash builder nor with SDK. Experts out there could please package it to an swf and share with others. This help would be very much appreciated.

#11 2012-05-18 16:16:52

**_goudsc_**

After many attempts and a crash self course to use flash builder, sdk and flex sdk I have compiled it as per documentation but cannot get it work. It loads into connect successfully. After providing the stream details and click CONNECT, it does nothing.

Can someone,  please look at what I have done wrong? Please please please!

Here is the link to swf file
http://www.4shared.com/document/fNkX7nGj/HDPod.html

And, here is the link to fxp file that you can open in flash builder
http://www.4shared.com/file/ZhXpI7xJ/HDPod.html

#12 2012-07-27 11:23:55

**_henriquecrmpr_**

Hey, me too. I would appreciate the working swf file for non flash builders. I have tried the Talking Stick from Refined Data (http://www.refineddata.com/adobe-connect/talking-stick), the image quality is much better than Connect default(640x480), but the computer crashes too much. It

#13 2012-07-30 06:25:46

**_k.hessefort_**

henriquecrmpr wrote:

... ? Another thing I would like to know is if there is a pod that let me know if the participant is really watching the meeting or if let his computer turned and leave it.

I was looking into this before as some legal bodies we work with require for us to proof attendance. As you mentioned Refined data in your posting I know that they do have a tool for exactly that task. It is called Fast Track. The only way to know if people pay attention (or at least are still present in front of their PC) requires some sort of interaction. This addin basically creates popups in irregular and adjustable time intervals where Participants need to click on it to close it. If they do not click within a certain timeframe the popup will disappear automatically. All responses or no responses are tracked and you will get an overview per participant.

Of course such a level of control might be pretty annoying and some participants might feel "not trusted", but if your company needs this detailed information it might be worth investigating.

Cheers
Kai

#14 2012-10-08 14:48:17

**_carter.lewis_**

I was able to compile this and export but have run into similar issues as noted above.  There were several issues with the coding here that needed to be remedied prior to export.  FB 4.6, 3.6A SDK.
I'm not going to go through each of them, but even with the no apparent coding errors showing in FB the package is still not working correctly.  The feed loads without having to hit the connect button, none of the quality icons link to a quality setting, etc.  It doesn't seem to be a reliable solution for people without any kind of coding experience. 
However, I will say a huge thank you to the OP for giving us something to base future video pods on with regards to coding the mxml and css files.

#15 2012-10-18 10:05:24

**_matthewt_**

If someone has a compiled version of working video hd pod... I would reaaaaallllyyy appreciate if you could share it.

Board footer