Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2011-12-22 11:49:07

**_scalvin_**

Allow users to use their rooms without hosting

We are in the process of migrating our users from 7.03 to 8.2.  Working with Adobe they were unable to find a solution to upgrade our 7.03 environment without it having all our content deleted. Now we are at the point where we have had 8.2 running along side our 7.03 environment for 4 months and have asked all users to migrate their content to the new servers.  As of next month we would like to lock down the old accounts enough to where they can still access their rooms but not be able to comfortably host meetings.  We want to force them over to their new accounts so we can decommission the old servers and free up the storage.

What I am trying to find out is if anyone has suggestions that could help me accomplish this.

#2 2011-12-23 17:59:00

**_batkobiker_**

Re: Allow users to use their rooms without hosting

The easiest way would be to delete the key from server and run it in a development mode which enables only 5 concurrent users
This way you keep the content available and disable the mass usage of meetings.

#3 2011-12-27 12:36:25

**_TrevorMartin_**

You're just wanting to upgrade from version 7 to version 8? I'm confused why this is a problem... We were on version 6 SP3 and we upgraded to 8 without losing any content (except a few recordings, but that was a DB problem) or accounts. Also we went from a physical machine to a VM. Am I missing something else that you're trying to do?

#4 2011-12-28 12:56:28

**_scalvin_**

I like the idea of deleting the key from the server and think this will work.  Thank you.

The reason we cannot upgrade is a couple years back adobe support put in content redirection  in the config.ini file and no longer supports the content redirection after 7.03.  So anytime we would attempt to upgrade to 7.5 all content and user settings would be deleted.  I know there was a known issue with a certain installer package that also caused this however this was not our issue.  After working with many levels of support for almost a year with Adobe they were never able to find a solution for this and said we would need to start from scratch and have the users move their content.  This was never something we wanted and was a last resort method.

Board footer