Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2011-11-03 10:53:50

**_jocad_**

iOS 5 notification dialog silences audio in Connect app

I just experienced this bug using iOS5 on the iPhone 4S. If an alert dialog appears during an active Connect meeting, the audio in Connect gets muted and never returns. The only way to bring it back is to quit and close the app and return.

Should be fairly easy to reproduce I think.

A bit of an edge case, but hopefully will be addressed in the future.

Story:
I had a scheduled meeting which I joined using the app. While someone was talking, the Connect audio faded out and an alert dialog appeared. It beeped at me until I dismissed it (ironically, it was an alert reminding me of the meeting I was already attending). Upon dismissing the alert dialog, the audio for the Connect app never returned.

#2 2011-11-03 16:03:25

alistairlee

Re: iOS 5 notification dialog silences audio in Connect app

Hey jocad,

Were you using telephony or VOIP?

Thanks,
Alistair

#3 2011-11-03 16:05:49

**_jocad_**

Hi Alistair,

I was using a 3G connection at the time.

Thanks!

#4 2011-11-03 17:27:07

**_praha_**

Hello Jocad,

Were you using telephone or a microphone to get your audio? Did you call into a teleconference?

-minh

#5 2011-11-03 22:40:35

**_jocad_**

praha wrote:

Hello Jocad,

Were you using telephone or a microphone to get your audio? Did you call into a teleconference?

-minh

I did not dial into the conference. I logged into the conference and used the built-in microphone.

Sorry if I'm not providing enough detail. My experience with Adobe Connect in the past has always been through the web interface or using the Air app. I used the Connect App for iOS for the first time today. Despite this issue, I was rather impressed with it overall.

#6 2011-11-03 23:55:23

**_praha_**

thank you for the info. i will try and verify if i can reproduce the issue.
i do have 1 more question. are you using AT&T, Verizon, or Sprint?

-minh

#7 2011-11-04 15:49:16

**_praha_**

I tested the Adobe Connect mobile app version 1.5 on iPhone 4 S using VoIP with 3G from AT&T. I could not reproduce the issue. After I clicked closed on the calendar notification for a meeting, I continue to hear audio from the Host who is talking on a microphone. I could also send audio from my iPhone and the Host was able to hear my audio.

Board footer