Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2011-10-28 18:31:56

**_usctrojan98_**

Windows Phone 7 app?

Are you planning to release an app for Windows Phone 7? Hope it's coming soon. My company just announced that we are moving to Adobe Connect via Intercall, next month. There is support for iPhone and Android, but I see there are BB and WinMo apps. But I have (the new) Windows Phone OS.

Please tell me this is going to come soon, even in beta form would be great!

#2 2011-10-31 11:08:11

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

Re: Windows Phone 7 app?

You should be able to join a Connect room from your web browser with a Windows 7 phone. I haven't heard of an app being developed for that OS though.

#3 2011-10-31 12:27:41

**_usctrojan98_**

Thanks, Jorma. So what is the functionality I may miss out on if there is no app? I guess I can join a meeting via the web browser, which is better than nothing. Is there something that, for example, an iOS app can do that a HTML5-compliant web browser cannot?

Or is the native app simply a better UI for the back-end services?

And finally, what's the best way to suggest the creation of a native app for WP7?

#4 2011-10-31 14:00:08

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

The apps have less functionality in the rooms than the version accessible via a web browser. The biggest advantage of the apps is the optimization for smaller screens.

As to the best way to request the app for WP7, I would do it in the suggestions for Adobe Connect forum.

#5 2011-11-01 14:45:29

**_usctrojan98_**

Ok, that's nice to hear. So I won't be too handicapped without having a dedicated app, then, it looks like. Very happy to know that.

I will suggest the app in the feature suggestion forum. Thanks!

Board footer