Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2011-08-02 10:58:17

**_zeriphon_**

returning guests registering for subsequent events

Hi.  First, I'm with a licensed site that has Adobe Connect 8 Service Pack 1 installed.

My questions regard guests who have already registered for one event then trying to register for subsequent events:

1.  When a guest tries to fill out their registration information again with a different password from their initial registration, Connect throws up the error messages "Not a valid e-mail address" and "The new password doesn't match the verify password", neither of which are true and both of which are rather cryptic as to what the actual problem is (i.e. they're trying to re-register with a new password, which Connect apparently doesn't allow).

2.  There is a link on the event registration page for guests who have registered for previous events.  This link allows people to just enter their email address and password bypassing the need to complete all of the other registration information.  Works great if they remember their password; does nothing if they click "Forgot your password?"  All it does refresh the page without providing any means of retrieving the password.

3.  Registering with the same email address and password as their original
registration, but with new contact information, does not update their
contact information.  There does not appear to be a way for them (or even
me) to update their contact info.

Thanks in advance,
Ed.

#2 2011-08-02 11:22:45

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

Re: returning guests registering for subsequent events

zeriphon,

1. Yeah, the messages can be fairly cryptic, but the situation is that the users can't re-register with a new password. Once an account has been created, it is intended that they continue to use that account.

2. Yes there is the link and initially it will only ask for their username and password. However, if there is additional information requested in the registration that is not already part of their user information it will then ask them to give the additional information before registering. So you still get what you need from the individuals.

3. The user account is tied to the email (user ID). Since the registration page is intended as an account creation page, not an account update/creation page, it will not let them update their info there. Once logged in, they can click on the My Profile link in the upper right hand portion of the screen and edit their info there.

#3 2011-08-02 11:31:28

**_zeriphon_**

Thank you Jorma for the reply; that answers most of my questions.

Regarding question 2 though, I'm asking about someone who has forgotten their password, so cannot get past the email/password screen.  When they click on the "forgot password" link, nothing happens.  The login page just refreshes, and they're prompted for an email/password again.  There doesn't seem to be a way to retrieve the forgotten password.

Thanks,
Ed.

#4 2011-08-02 11:41:48

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

When the user clicks on the "Forgot your password?" link, they should see this:

Event+Forgot+Password.jpg?download=Event+Forgot+Password.jpg

They put in their email and the Connect system will send them a link to reset their password.

#5 2011-08-02 13:14:58

**_zeriphon_**

Hmmm...I don't get that page as a guest or as a user, and I think I've figured out why.  When I try clicking on "forgot your password?" on our Connect site login page (as opposed to a link for an event login) I receive the message "Adobe Connect is integrated with your corporate directory (LDAP).  Please contact your System Administrator if you need to reset your password."

So I'm supposing that since we're using LDAP for user information, then there isn't a way for guests (i.e. people from outside our corporate directory) to manage their own guest accounts (specifically managing their passwords)?

Thanks,
Ed.

#6 2011-10-11 13:10:14

**_RoxyGonzalez_**

I'm having the same issue except our guests are new and have never had an email address set up and they continue to receive "Not a valid e-mail address" and "The new password doesn't match the verify password". Any idea how I can fix this problem?

#7 2011-10-11 15:02:13

**_pafell_**

We have the same issue.  We're using LDAP integration for our employees but when guests use the "Forgot your password?" link on a registration page nothing happens.  It's been like this for several versions. 

I believe I remember reading somewhere here in the forums that the Events module is being re-engineered for Connect 9 so perhaps this rather clumsy process will be made more elegant in that release...?  (crosses fingers)

#8 2011-10-11 15:48:49

**_RoxyGonzalez_**

So for your events, have you just unchecked the box that requires pre-registration? Or how do your attendees gain access to the event? Our event is 10/19 and the url has been posted and I can't update to a different url so I'm trying to figure a work around. Unfortunately, I am required to get specific information from the attendee so I'm at a loss with how to proceed.

Board footer