Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2011-07-22 11:16:05

**_azpeter2009_**

Connection Status in Attendee Pod...Feature removed

It looks like the Connection Status option (to show a color-coded signal status icon by names whose connections are less than the standard for the room) is no longer available in 8.x.   I find that function useful to spot attendees whose poor performance can be attributed to poor connectivity; without the icon, we can't know whether to suspect that or not.

#2 2011-07-22 23:20:26

**_Purnima_**

Re: Connection Status in Attendee Pod...Feature removed

I have never used this option. Can you tell me which version it was present and how it was used?

#3 2011-07-23 00:46:23

**_azpeter2009_**

We've used it in 7.0.3. I suspect it was also there in 7.5.

#4 2011-07-25 12:22:20

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

It was available in 7.5 and earlier versions. It was accessed in the pod options menu and showed if the individuals in the room had changed their connection status to something below the room connection status.

#5 2011-07-26 04:02:14

**_Purnima_**

Thanks Jorma. Unfortunately i can't see this option in Connect 8

#6 2011-07-26 09:04:20

**_dhwalker_**

In Connect 7.x and earlier you could opt to see the attendees' connection status icon. This icon showed either yellow (1 step slower than the room bandwidth setting) or red (2 steps slower). However, this visual feedback was based on the attendee setting their own connection speed setting using that option in the meeting room. Connect 8 does not give attendees the option to set their own connection speed, therefore it's not possible to show a status icon.
I always thought this was a cool feature, but honestly I can count the number of times I actually used on on one hand.

As long as we are wishing, let's wish for a meeting room where the data stream adapts dynamically to the user's bandwidth and provides real feedback to the host about their connection speed. I think that would be much more helpful and not require each attendee to figure out how to set those settings. :)

#7 2011-07-26 14:05:32

**_pafell_**

I second that request for Connect to be able to automatically detect the user's available bandwidth and make adjustments accordingly!  That would be particularly useful when doing bandwidth-intensive activities like live webcam video or screen sharing.

Because we often have a significant number of guests from outside our organization participating in our events, we bring the video down a notch so that while we're not broadcasting the highest quality video at least we can reasonably expect that most participants are not experiencing major issues with video.

Board footer