Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2011-07-08 14:52:49

**_dennis_**

Unable to publish Cp 5 content to ACP 8 Server Directly?

Hello All

(ACP 8, SP1 & Cp 5)

I have been waiting for ACP 8 so that I could publish Cp5 content to the Connect Server ("Need Adobe Connect 8 for Share Pod to work...") and now that I have ACP8 I am STILL unable to directly publish Cp5 content to the connect server...What gives?

Now I get: "Failed to publish your project to Adobe Acrobat Connect Pro Server. Verify your network connection and then retry"

I know that I can publish to local, zip and then publish that way (usually) but I want to be able to use this content inside the meeting room share pod...and not push the link to a saved HTML file.

Thoughts?

#2 2011-07-12 09:03:08

**_dennis_**

Re: Unable to publish Cp 5 content to ACP 8 Server Directly?

Hello All,

FYI I can confirm that I have patch 5.0.2.63.

The patch was installed prior to me reaching out to the forum.

The content still does not publish directly to ACP8/SP1 and I am still looking for ideas.

#3 2011-07-12 09:08:09

**_jdonaldson_**

Have you tried a new project as a test? I was having this issue a few weeks ago with Captivate 5.5 and I found that if I used a Shift Enter key combo on any of my quizzes the project would not publish.

I also found that once a shift enter was used and saved the whole project became corrupt and unpublishable to Connect Pro. Even deleting the quiz with the shift enter will not fix it.

Hope this might help you.

#4 2011-07-12 09:12:45

**_dennis_**

Hello,

HA! - Yes I did actually, I tried that after reading your post.

I posted this one under a seperate thread since i am still on Cp5. I was excited that ACP8 would allow me to post CP5 direct to the server...and now I am right back where I started.

Thank you for your reply.

#5 2012-07-09 13:20:20

**_RaRa77_**

I was able to replicate the Quiz Shift Enter issue, but after I removed the quiz, I was able to Publish.

What I found is that the Preferences became corrupted in another file where I had this same error, but I didn't have a Quiz.

To resolve the error message I created a new blank project, exported a Preferences file, then Imported the Preferences file into the Project with the issue.

Hope this helps someone.

#6 2012-09-05 15:05:05

**_andrewvshields_**

Hi all,

I had the same problem with Cp 5.5 and C 8. When publishing from Cp, I unchecked the "Publish Project Files (*cptx) and it then worked.

Not sure what I am losing by doing this method.

#7 2012-09-05 15:41:18

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

When you uncheck that box, you are telling Captivate to not upload the source files for your project (the file that runs in Captivate).

Basically, you are not using the Connect server to back up your work.

#8 2012-09-05 15:46:53

**_andrewvshields_**

Thanks Jorma.

So, for most cases that is fine, since it still published the swf and assets (flv files).

I think Connect was timing out trying to upload the large file.

#9 2012-09-05 16:32:25

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

Correct. If the project was large, then it could time out as the source files can add 200% or more to the upload.

Also, you want to remember to clear out all unused items in the library before your final publish. That will help with file size.

#10 2012-09-14 17:30:32

**_andrewvshields_**

I spoke too soon. Now I am getting the error again. I am not using any shift + enter combos. I am using Cp 5.5.0.257 and Connect 8.

#11 2012-09-14 17:32:43

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

Can you publish the file locally and then upload that file to Connect?

#12 2012-09-14 17:39:07

**_andrewvshields_**

I want to add as a course that is part of a curriculum.

If I publish locally as a swf, and then upload from Connect, it uploads but I loose the link to the opening flv file.

When i was able to pulish as a cptx from Cp to Connect, selecting the Publish Video Files made it work.

Other than making some edits to the file, not sure why it isn't working today.

#13 2012-09-14 17:50:43

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

You should need to upload the FLV with the SWF. When you publish locally output to a zip file, and see if that zip file will upload. Or you can just zip up all the output files.

This is the basic file structure that should be zipped and uploaded.
Captivate+Output.JPG?download=Captivate+Output.JPG

Also, to be through, can you try to upload from a different location, to see if the network there is just to congested?

#14 2012-09-14 21:15:32

**_andrewvshields_**

I tried publishing a zip from Cp and got a message it could not complete my request. I was trying from home today, I guess I will try from the office on Monday.

Thanks

#15 2012-09-17 09:21:03

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

If you can't publish locally, that may be the issue. When you publish to Connect, Captivate will first publish the files locally as a zip file to a temp directory and then upload that to Connect.

Let us know how it goes today.

#16 2012-09-17 10:58:52

**_andrewvshields_**

No luck either publishing from Cp, or from uploading the zip file from Connect from the office today.

#17 2012-09-17 11:42:40

**_AChemey_**

This may be a separate issue, but make sure you check the box that says "Include Adobe Connect Metadata".

-Andrew

#18 2012-09-25 11:40:25

**_andrewvshields_**

Update: My issue was an extra space at the end of some of the distractors (answers). One I removed them in Cp, I was able to do a direct publish to Connect.

Much thanks to Andrew for his help!

Board footer