Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2011-06-29 17:17:23

**_connecting_**

iPhone Connect session drops when toggle between phone

Maybe what I am trying to do isn't possible...

I'm dialed-in to a conference (by phone), then start the Connect session. When I need to get out of Connect to go on/off mute, for example, to talk, and then return to Connect, my session is closed and I have to login again.
Is there any way to remain logged in to a Connect session while moving between iPhone apps? (really just between it and the phone "app").

Thanks-

#2 2011-08-15 15:01:28

**_praha_**

Re: iPhone Connect session drops when toggle between phone

What type of device do you have? What network are you using? Verizon, AT&T, Sprint, etc...
If you are connecting to Verizon 3G network, I suggest you try to connect to a wi-fi connection on your device, and try the same steps again.

#3 2011-08-15 15:03:54

**_connecting_**

On AT&T network (sometimes 3G sometimes E)

#4 2011-08-15 22:21:05

**_praha_**

My apologies...I misread your initial issue statement.

If you are using PGi or other telephony conference service that is integrated with Adobe Connect, you can dial out from your mobile app to your mobile phone number, then you can use the Mute function within the Connect mobile app. Since you are dialing into your audio conference (telephony audio conference service is not integrated within your app), there is no way for the app and Adobe Connect meeting to make the connection.
To answer your initial question, when you tap the bar 'touch to return to call', this places the Connect mobile app running in the background, to return to the Adobe Connect meeting, you would just tap the Connect app icon or double tap the Home button to bring up the Connect app running in the background.
Does this not work for you?

#5 2011-08-22 15:41:58

**_randahm_**

I will also add that multitasking is supported on iOS, but is handled better in the 4.x versions of the device operating system.

In Adobe Connect Mobile 1.5.9 for iOS, in the case where you are connecting to a conference call that is not integrated with the meeting, you should be able to dial in to the call, then press the home button and switch to log in to Adobe Connect Mobile, and the call will continue to be live.

If you later need to access your phone controls during the meeting - to mute your line as you mention - then you can double-tap your Home button to access running apps, swap to your phone controls, make the change, double-tap the Home button to access running apps again, and tap to swap back to Adobe Connect Mobile.

While you are 'away' from the meeting working in another app, your status in the Meeting Attendee Pod will appear as 'Stepped away'. When you return, you will automatically 'Step in' again.

If you remain away from the Adobe Connect Mobile app for a long time, the app will eventually time out and close your connection to the meeting. If that occurs, select the Adobe Connect Mobile app and login again. A quick switch to mute / unmute your phone will not cause the app to timeout.

Randah

Board footer