Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2011-06-06 18:21:56

**_kelly.anderson_**

Can a training manager mark courses as taken/not taken?

I want to create a curriculum to track both instructor-led training and eLearning in Adobe Connect. 

Within the curriculum, the student will be able to take eLearning, but I also want to create a "yes/no" course that the instructor can update to indicate if the student has attended training.

Is that possible in Adobe Connect?

#2 2011-06-07 04:40:26

**_Purnima_**

Re: Can a training manager mark courses as taken/not taken?

This can be done.
In curriculum you can add another item which is New External Training .

In reports, you can go and override any users status for this as passed if they have taken the training else fail. 

This is simplified way of doing it. You will need to try things a few times to get exactly what you want.

You can check help for more details. Or post the exact use case for more information.
HiH

#3 2011-06-17 13:55:37

**_sali00_**

I had a similar question.  Thanks Purnima! I am going to try this and see if it works!

#4 2011-07-12 12:48:21

**_stevewinkel_**

I am not seeing the option to override - which report(s) should I be looking at to do this?

Thank you!

#5 2011-07-12 17:30:06

**_dhwalker_**

stevewinkel,
Go to the Curriculum, click the Reports link, click By Users, click the name of the user for whom you want to override Status/Score.

#6 2011-07-13 14:50:50

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

The user would have had to interact with the curriculum at some point to see their name in the report, but once they have done that you can then adjust their score.

#7 2011-12-21 13:54:43

**_danjackson_**

Jorma_at_RealEyes wrote:

The user would have had to interact with the curriculum at some point to see their name in the report, but once they have done that you can then adjust their score.

Sorry for bumping a 5 month old thread, but I'm a little confused now--if this is the case, it sounds like using Connect to track external training courses is not a practical application of the software if the only items in the curriculum are external courses.  Right? 

If we tried to use this to track completion of our New Employee Orientation, we would have to ask everyone we've enrolled to log into Connect and open the curriculum before we could see any of their names show up in the Reports section?  Is there any way to override this?

#8 2012-01-02 11:54:43

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

From the web interface, you are correct, that they would have to log in and view the curriculum before you could edit their status in the external trainings.

However you could use the XML APIs to pragmatically update the user's status. You can find all the documentation for that at the Developer Center for Connect.

#9 2012-01-04 14:30:29

**_danjackson_**

Thanks, Jorma--I'll take a look at it

Board footer