Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2011-05-16 13:39:48

**_sti_**

Multiple host names for the same server

Dear all,
I need your advice.

Is the any way to use multiple domain names for the same Connect server ?

Just example:
I'd like to use one server for few companies.
Thus I'd like to use host company1.connect.com and company2.connect.com for the corresponding company.

Now if I point my browser to URL like company2.connect.com Adobe Connect automatically redirects
web browser to the main URL like company1.connect.com.

Is the any way to use multiple domains w/o redirection?

Thank you in advance.

#2 2011-08-31 17:09:24

**_TrevorMartin_**

Re: Multiple host names for the same server

So you're saying you would like to host "company1.connect.com/meetingurl" and "company2.connect.com/meetingurl" as separate entities on the same server? You can only use one host per installation of Connect. It's pretty easy to run two Connect VM servers side by side though.

#3 2011-09-01 14:02:56

**_sti_**

Thank you for your reply.

Sure, two different instances is a clue.
The only one issue in this case is a licensing.
I think that I have to buy licenses for 2 servers instead of one.

Thus it's quite expensive trick.

Does anyone know another way around?

Thank you in advance.

#4 2011-09-01 15:38:54

**_TrevorMartin_**

You can use the same license for multiple servers. The license doesn't govern how many instances you can have, it governs how many concurrent users you're allowed.

#5 2011-09-02 12:10:15

**_Jeff_at_RealEyes_**

TrevorMartin wrote:

You can use the same license for multiple servers. The license doesn't govern how many instances you can have, it governs how many concurrent users you're allowed.

Actually, multiple production installations of a single Enterprise license of Adobe Connect is a violation of the EULA.

If you're planning on running an installation for production, only one instance is allowed. Additional installations are allowed for development/staging environments only.

#6 2011-09-06 08:51:47

**_TrevorMartin_**

Sure, that makes sense and conforms to most licensing schemes. What doesn't make sense is that several Adobe support engineers recommended that I set our systems up exactly that way, in full production. Luckily we only use one for full commercial use. The other tests content and presentations before it's used on the main server. Either those Adobe techs didn't care or were oblivious... even though I asked that question a handful of times.

*high five to Adobe Tech Support*

#7 2011-09-14 18:11:47

**_heywardjr_**

Yes, asking a licensing question to an Adobe technical support tech would be questionable as they don't usually handle those kinds of issues. Usually the Adobe Sales team handles those questions. Enforcement of the EULA is being written into Connect so this will be enforced in short order.

Board footer