Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2011-03-04 11:41:22

**_cblasing_**

unable to insert Flash .swf files inside powerpoint using presenter

I have been using presenter/powerpoint on PC for years with no major problems.

I got a mac and I am running presenter/powerpoint 2007 using VMWare Fusion. Presenter is working well and publishing scorm courses except for one thing. When I click the insert .swf button nothing happens. I do no get any kind of dialogue box. I have to be able to insert .swf files to complete my courses.

Has anyone had a similar issue? Does anyone know a work around?

Thanks

#2 2011-03-11 12:34:09

**_katgoel_**

Re: unable to insert Flash .swf files inside powerpoint using presenter

Did you install VB/Macro related tools of MS Office while installing powerpoint 2007.There is an option shown to install office tools when you install Office and if you haven't then I suggest that you should install it.You can check by pressing Alt + F11 and see if controls are enabled.

#3 2011-03-11 12:50:15

**_cblasing_**

Thanks for the tip. I checked and I do have vb/macro installed and running.

I have fixed the initial problem of not being able to insert the .swf files or video. I originally had my desktop shared between the mac OS and windows OS. When I stopped the desktop sharing I was able to import the assets.

Now I am having issues with the .swf playing on the slide page when the course is published.

#4 2011-03-11 13:04:58

**_katgoel_**

What problem are you facing?

#5 2011-03-11 13:35:49

**_cblasing_**

When I preview the course inside Powerpoint  the imported .swf files are there and play. But when I publish the course and/or the interactive pdf file the imported .swf files do not show up or disappear.

I wonder if this is still some sort of sharing issue between systems. I have copied the powepoint and the file/folder  structure to the windows system. The mac can not even see the windows desktop.

#6 2011-03-11 15:31:30

**_cblasing_**

UPDATE:

I re-installed presenter and all the updates and now the .swf movies are playing in the published course. I still have no idea what was causing the problem.

#7 2012-06-08 02:07:59

**_Wahed_**

Hi All,

I have a problem in swf file, when I insert swf file is not repeat the animation.

When I use the manage SWF option the animation is not repeating.

You have solution please tell write a blogs.

Thanks
Wahed

Board footer