Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2011-02-18 16:49:43

**_pjones_**

Survey Question Report

To start I am running a licensed Connect 7.0 server.

I have an on-demand training content that I want to add a short survey quiz at the end. It has a multiple choice question that is designated as a multiple response. When I view the report by answers I get a distribution of {a, b, c, d}, {a, b}, {b, c, d}, {a, c, d} etc. What I really want to know is how many times each choice was selected (ie a=3, b=2, c=3, d=3). Is there a way to get that info rather than grouped by each unique response?

#2 2011-02-21 17:21:03

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

Re: Survey Question Report

Technically, with multiple response questions, each combination of answers is a unique response. So if three people answer {a,b} and seven people answer {a,b,c}, then you will see how many times the answer combinations were given.

The answer feed back that you are looking for is given if you leave the question as a multiple choice question.

#3 2011-02-23 12:24:45

**_pjones_**

No I definitely want multiple responses. Suppose the question is:

Which types of fruit do you like?
a) apples
b) oranges
c) bananas
d) grapes

Some people may like just one type while others choose 2 or 3 or all types, but in the end what I want to know is what % of people like each type.

#4 2011-02-25 17:26:41

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

You could ask the questions in a Poll pod in a Connect room, with multiple answer on, or you could look to build a question widget for Captivate. I don't think the default multiple choice question (in multiple answer mode) is going to give the data you are looking for... but I will double check.

#5 2011-05-05 20:53:58

**_Staceeah_**

I am having a similar issue with a survey report.

The survey I am using is multiple choice, however it is not multiple answer.
Also, there are short answer questions at the end of the survey.
Finally, my quiz preferences are: LMS = Adobe Acrobat Connect Pro; Report to LMS as: Score; Choose Report Data: Quis Results and Slide Views (I have found if I choose "Adobe Acrobat Connect Pro" in this section, I do not get any questions on the report, just answers, which is not helpful at all)

When I run the report, I find that:

1. I do not get all of the questions from the survey on the report. The report will only give me 7 questions and I am not sure how to get the remaining questions/answers

2. The answers to the short answer questions become answer options on the report. Is there a way to not have this happen?

I appreciate any help anyone can offer.

Thank you!!

#6 2011-05-09 13:49:18

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

Staceeah,

When you say  you are doing multiple choice, however not multiple choice, what do you mean?

What tool are you using? Presenter, Captivate or something else?

When you run the report:

1. Are you seeing the same 7 questions reporting, or is a random seven for each user?

2. Not sure what you are asking here. Is it that the short answer responses list as answer options in the report, or are you seeing that if someone answers with "XX" that XX becomes a viable correct answer for future respondents?

Board footer