Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2011-02-17 20:39:18

**_niallo_**

VoIP Audio in Connect Mobile

Can someone tell me whether two-way VoIP audio participation is possible with Connect Mobile on iPad?

Looking at the release announcement for the Android version of the app. below, it lists
"Listen and speak over two-way VOIP audio" as a feature, but I have not seen this mentioned
explicitly in any of the documentation for Connect Mobile that I have seen, and my (admittedly very limited) testing with an iPad only seemed to allow hearing of incoming audio.

Announcement URL: http://blogs.adobe.com/adobeconnect/cat … ect-mobile

If audio input from iPad/iPod is not supported currently, is there a plan to support it in a future release of Connect Mobile?

#2 2011-02-18 01:22:04

**_borcic_**

Re: VoIP Audio in Connect Mobile

The blog post was announcing the Android version. Connect Mobile 1.0 for Android DOES support two-way VoIP, but version 1.0 for iOS does not.

The upcoming version of Connect Mobile for iOS will bring two-way VoIP to the iPhone and iPad.

#3 2011-02-18 01:33:06

**_Purnima_**

AFAIK Audio input support is possible with latest version of app. But will have to admit tht i haven't tried it myself.

Are you facing issues in configuring  two way audio?

#4 2011-02-18 01:35:33

**_Purnima_**

Just looked at it.
tap on the icons on the left-side notification area : The microphone icon turns VoIP on and off.

This is cool :)

#5 2011-02-21 02:52:03

**_niallo_**

Borcic;

Thanks for the reply.

Do you have any information on when this upcoming release will be available?

#6 2011-02-21 02:53:46

**_niallo_**

Purnima;

Thanks for your response.

Are you talking about the Android version of the mobile app., or the iPhone/iPad version?
I was unable to see the icons you mention when I ran the iPad app.

Board footer