Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2011-02-11 15:45:59

**_dennis_**

ARF conversion to SWF...SWF sent to Zip and posted to Connect...But...

Hello Everyone,

Platform is ACP 7.5.

We have both WebEx and ACP. We recently started adding the recorded WebEx files to Connect as a curriculum so that we can track the access and order of the WebEx videos.

The output of the WebEx is called an .ARF...and WebEx allows you to convert this ARF into a SWF...which allows us to post them on Connect. This has worked well up until last week.

Now I am running into all sorts of problems with Zips being too large or segments of the converted SWF not being accessible.

Any thoughts on this, suggested work arounds and or better ideas?

Note...we will be starting to use ACP meetings in the future...but I want to preserve the current and past content.

Thank you!

#2 2011-02-14 13:28:00

**_dennis_**

Re: ARF conversion to SWF...SWF sent to Zip and posted to Connect...But...

UPDATE:

I have been working through this since I posted this question to you all. Here are some more details:

It turns out that the "Right click...Send to...Compressed folder" does not work for files larger than 2G. So I used tools like 7Zip or WinZip to help.

This zipped the file ok...but the resulting file would not post to connect...I got a message:

"Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage"

I have checked the SSL and TLS settings on the browser (ie7) and it did not matter which combo I set them to...any thoughts?

thanks.

#3 2011-03-17 12:50:05

**_vkisiel_**

I am trying to do the same thing.  Have you figured out anything about using webex recordings in adobe connect?  Thanks!

#4 2011-03-18 17:11:44

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

The WebEx player, free, allows you to convert the ARF files to SWF. Just grab it from the WebEx site, http://www.webex.com/play-webex-recording.html

#5 2011-03-28 13:53:30

**_dennis_**

Hello,

I have downloaded the player and you are correct it works well for the smaller files (that was our workflow for the longest time) so depending on the file size that works well.

For me though that process stopped working and I although I was able to convert to SWF...I was not able to post to Connect.

Here is my workaround.

Convert the ARF to MP4 (using the WebEx player) then create a cp project as a shell (I used Cp5).

Select Insert --> Slide Video and navigate to the converted file. Cp5 will launch the Adobe Media Encoder and turn the MP4 into FLV. The FLV will then play inside the Captivate. (you can set the skin to show the control playbar...and your project will be only 1 slide long...but that slide will be the video file)

You can publish the Cp file...I do not have ACP 8 yet...so publishing directly to Connect was not an option. I had to save to a local spot...zip the whole thing together and then I was able to import it as content to ACP...and then from there I was able to add it to a Course/Curriculum.

This has worked VERY WELL for me...Good luck to you!

Dennis

#6 2011-06-02 02:16:50

**_jseanapo_**

Thank you for posting and opening this kind of topic.

modern entertainment furniture | le corbusier furniture

#7 2011-06-02 07:40:03

**_dennis_**

You are welcome...good luck! Let us know if you come up with a different solution.

Board footer