Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2010-12-30 13:46:34

**_sgbruckner_**

Recover Meeting Recording

I recorded a session but when I viewed the recording, the first half has frozen video with no audio.  When audio & video start, I am missing the last 30 minutes of the session.  Is there any way to retrieve the entire session?  Has anyone else encountered this problem?

#2 2010-12-30 14:35:02

**_tlchurch_**

Re: Recover Meeting Recording

If you navigate to the output folder on the server, try playing some of the flvs individually. I think it's ftstage3_4.flv that's the camera/voice pod -- I would start there to see if the problem is in the playback or in the source. (if it's in the source, I don't think it's fixable).

If the individual FLV plays fine, I would copy & zip the output folder to your local drive, then upload the zip as new content and see if that fixes the problem.

#3 2011-01-03 09:26:16

**_sgbruckner_**

Thank you for your help.  How do I locate the output folder for a hosted account?  I don't see any references of that sort anywhere.

Sandy

#4 2011-01-03 10:35:43

**_gajett_**

sgbruckner wrote:

Thank you for your help.  How do I locate the output folder for a hosted account?  I don't see any references of that sort anywhere.

Sandy

You don't, as you won't have file system access on a hosted account, only licensed users will have server/file system access.
You can still download the recording, though:

To download all of the recording bits and pieces (minus uploaded content, as that's simply linked content from the recording) (a connect recording is a bunch of .flv and .xml files).  You can download the recording using:

http://your.connect.recording.url/output/foo.zip?download=zip

change 'foo' to whatever you'd like your file named.  You'll get a zip file full of .xml and .flv files.  you need either administrative privilege or manage on that meeting to effect the download.

This will give you a zip of .flv and .xml files.  Use Adobe Media Player (or any of a host of other players that will play .flv files) to check the .flv files.

Remember, though, that this will only get you the recording files, *NOT* any uploaded content. (a ppt, for example.  it will be linked from the recording, rather than part of the recording).

greg

#5 2011-01-03 10:59:22

**_sgbruckner_**

Terrific.  Thanks so much for all your help.

#6 2011-02-22 21:47:57

**_sarnold_**

gajett,

I was searching the forum and came across your post about downloading recording bits and pieces.  I just recorded a meeting and it come out with no sound although the sound was fine within the meeting.  I followed your instructions to download the .flv and .xml files but cannot seem to play them.  I have Adobe Media Player but when I open them they don't seem to want to play.  I just need to find the audio to this recording and somehow join the audio and the video together.  I called tech support but they told me it could take 24 to 48 hours and I would hope to fix the problem a little faster than that.  Do you have any words of wisdom for me to help me solve this problem?

Thanks a bunch

sarnold

#7 2011-02-22 23:48:36

**_Purnima_**

Downloading recording zip and trying to play it can be bit of problem.
Try using Connect Desktop client.
To download the recording using Connect Desktop  Client, you need to enable that option in Administration-> Compliance And Control  -> Recording. After that for the particular recording, go to Edit and allow download.

Then you will be able to download the recording locally and play using Connect Desktop Client.
You can also check the downloaded recording in local data folders.

For more details refer http://connectusers.com/downloads/

#8 2011-02-23 09:02:49

**_gajett_**

sarnold wrote:

gajett,

I was searching the forum and came across your post about downloading recording bits and pieces.  I just recorded a meeting and it come out with no sound although the sound was fine within the meeting.  I followed your instructions to download the .flv and .xml files but cannot seem to play them.  I have Adobe Media Player but when I open them they don't seem to want to play.  I just need to find the audio to this recording and somehow join the audio and the video together.  I called tech support but they told me it could take 24 to 48 hours and I would hope to fix the problem a little faster than that.  Do you have any words of wisdom for me to help me solve this problem?

Thanks a bunch

sarnold

can you post the full zip file somewhere?  i'd like to take a look....

greg

#9 2011-02-23 13:11:43

**_sarnold_**

gajett,

You should be able to download the zip file at www.srph.org/PHSB689.zip

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

sarnold

#10 2011-02-25 09:32:38

**_gajett_**

i got the files --
- the flvs play fine for me, and don't exhibit typical dropped keyframe issues indicative of a failed recording
- additionally, when trying to upload the whole zip as a piece of content, my connect install won't recognize it.  is it the full download? (it does look like it is)
- some of the flvs have audio, in places, but not in others, even when it seems as if the person in question is speaking.
at this point, i'm not seeing any issues i'm familiar with, and am unfortunately unable to help.
sorry.

greg

#11 2011-02-25 10:34:28

**_sarnold_**

Are you playing them on Adobe Media Player or do you have another program that might work better in this situation?  The first recording had some audio dropouts (I think it's because we were using so much bandwidth.  We corrected that problem by the next recording.  If there was a way I could get just the audio, I could piece the recording together in my video editor.

Thank you for trying to help.  I will see if I can play them again.  Hopefully if I can get the audio for that recording to play, I can piece the audio and video back together.  This recording was 6 student presentations.

Board footer