Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2010-12-09 12:41:18

**_iStrings_**

user login

As another beginner, I would like to find out if it's possible to let new users to make their own sign in process? As far as I see, all users have to be assigned by the administrator (given login ID and Password) but if I want users to come to see a recorded meeting and I want to give them let's say one day access, I can do that only with a password, set for one day expiration.
Any idea would be appreciated.

#2 2010-12-10 00:48:30

**_Purnima_**

Re: user login

No, user can't create their own login for Connect. Administrator has to create users.

But if you want to allow users having URL to the recording to view without creating account for them, you can set permission to Public. This will make recording available without login. When you want to remove public acess, you can simple go and reset permissions to Private.

The only  thing to be sure about is that recording will be available to anyone who has the URL. So be judicious.

#3 2010-12-10 02:36:56

**_iStrings_**

I was afraid of this...
But still, just wondering why it is absolutely impossible to have a choice as administrator to give the sign in process for the user. It is widely accepted in the internet, and even makes a lot of extra work for the administrator.
Also, as I mentioned, I need to give each of my users the let's say one day access possible, but if I let them in with permissions set to public I can turn it off only all at once; so some will have maybe days or even weeks access but some only few hours or even just minutes.

#4 2010-12-10 05:47:35

**_Purnima_**

For time consuming part of adding users :
You can use XLS to upload all the users you want to add. This saves alot of time.

The reason for not allowing users to create account for themselves can be that Connect licences are wrt no of users/host/learners etc so You may exceed your quota easily if you allow anyone to create account for themselves.

If I understand you correctly, you meant to say that some recordings/content can have public access for days and some for minutes. Yes! Every content has its specific permission so till the time you allow them to be public they will be accessible without any login required.

HiH

Last edited by **_Purnima_** (2010-12-10 05:48:08)

#5 2010-12-14 17:55:25

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

You can use the Events module of Connect to allow users to create their own user name (email) and password. That is the primary function of the Events module, allowing external users to create a log-in id that will allow them to access content that you specify.

#6 2010-12-17 02:14:14

**_iStrings_**

Thanks!

Board footer