Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2010-12-08 08:47:10

**_jrommers_**

Limited Administrators and Meeting hosts per administrator group

Hi,

I am the European Admistrator of Adobe Connect 7.5 for our company and we run via a host account with 15 meeting host licenses. Our structure is that we have a limited administrator/meeting host per country but the limited administrator should not be able to modify or create users meetingrooms etc.etc. for other countries.

Is there a way for me to create an Administrator Group (example:'Spain') and have the permissions of the limited administrator count only for the group Spain?

The risk of one administrator being able to modify (or delete) the users/meetings of anothers limited administrator area is to big.

Can anybody provide me with an answer or alternative?

#2 2010-12-08 12:17:32

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

Re: Limited Administrators and Meeting hosts per administrator group

What do your limited admins do? Is there roll for the addition and/or deletion of users for their area? If so, you can uncheck the option to allow limited admins the ability to access other parts of the system (at the bottom of the list of permissions for the Limited Administrator group).  That way they only have access to the admin feature they need, and then the meeting host functionality would be limited to their personal folder, and any shared folders you give permissions to.

You can use the folder permissions to create access to a group or individual that will be similar to admin access, but it has to be setup at the folder/content/meeting level.

#3 2010-12-08 12:42:44

**_tlchurch_**

Re: Limited Administrators and Meeting hosts per administrator group

Not currently possible via Connect. You could write an external application that manages this, but that would take a bit of engineering to determine which users a person has admin access over.

We have a desire for this as well ... http://ideas.adobe.com/connect -- "Group Admins" request.

Board footer