Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2010-12-02 12:21:45

**_ConnectMoore_**

Who is the admin on connectusers.com?

I need someone to talk to about loaded content on the homepage of connectusers.com.  My question is, where and who did you get the "8.0 Migration Kit" from?  I have been on the phone with Adobe all morning and they did NOT endorse this kit for enterprise use.  I would like to know more about this kit.  Please help

#2 2010-12-02 13:15:37

alistairlee

Re: Who is the admin on connectusers.com?

Hey ConnectMoore,

I created the migration kit on the homepage.  What would you like to know?

Thanks,
Alistair

#3 2010-12-02 13:19:46

**_ConnectMoore_**

Thanks!  Adobe told me that this kit is not correct and should not be used on my sandbox server.  Can you justify thier remarks for me?  Does this kit really work and if so, how do I install it?
Thanks
Eric

#4 2010-12-02 17:06:41

alistairlee

Sure thing.

You can simply upload the ZIP file as a piece of content to the Content Library.  I'd recommend giving it a custom URL (like /migration) so it's easy to access with a browser.  That's it. 

Optionally, you can unzip the file and edit the content.  You can apply your own branding, logos, CSS files, etc...  You can also edit any of the files - I've included the source files for all of the content.  For example, you might want to add your specific Adobe Connect URL to the quick start guide.

When you're done, simply ZIP everything back up and upload it to your Adobe Connect server.

There are instructions included, but you have to unzip the file to get the instructions.  If you're not planning on modifying any of the files, it may be easier to simply using the migration center on adobe.com.  Most of the content is the same.  You can find it here:
http://www.adobe.com/special/adobeconne … index.html

#5 2010-12-03 11:02:55

**_ConnectMoore_**

Alistair,

I will give this a try today while at work, I will let you know the outcome of it all and thanks for your help. 

Eric

#6 2010-12-03 11:09:50

**_ConnectMoore_**

Alistair,

I uploaded the .zip into Content Library and made a custom URL.  Upon clicking on it I was directed to a learning page.  I guess I should of made my question about 8.0 more clear.  I am running 7.5 and I want my sandbox to have the 8.0 interface.  Because we are on the sandbox (no gateway) I cannot link the Adobe site to my sandbox.  Is there a different way to get my sandbox server upgraded without having a gateway?

Thanks for you help

Eric

Board footer