Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2010-07-07 12:19:23

**_danielahoward_**

Training Curriculum - Required/Not Required star symbols ???

Hello,

I have a training curriculum loaded onto my organization's Adobe Connect server, and the training is broken up into folders, which each contain courses. Each course has a quiz at the end.

I have set up the curriculum so that each folder is required. Each folder is set up so that all the courses within it are required. However, when I look at the curriculum list, for any of the courses that have not been opened yet, there is a star with a red crossed out circle on it, signifying that it is Not Required (denoted by the Legend at the bottom of the screen). And after the course has been completed, the symbol changes to just the star.

Here's a snapshot:
connect_curriculum.jpg

Shouldn't the symbol be just the star the entire time, since all the courses are required in order to complete the curriculum? I would imagine that I shouldn't see the red crossed out circle at all, unless I choose for something to specifically not be required in the training.

Please help! This is making the training very confusing for our users.

Thank you,

Daniela Howard

Last edited by **_danielahoward_** (2010-07-19 21:19:17)

#2 2010-07-26 09:49:28

**_jcooper9099_**

Re: Training Curriculum - Required/Not Required star symbols ???

I see the not required icon  if I have completed the training outside the curriculum.  I generally tell our user's to ignore the icons because they were not designed properly in the first place.

For instance if someone bombs a required part of training and I reset them on that part, then the icon say's it's not required. It is in fact required,  they have just failed it once already.

#3 2011-04-26 13:00:13

**_dennis_**

Hello,

I have run in to the same problem...I called Adobe Tech support and they pretty much told me that it was a bug that they could not confirm or deny. I was on the phone with them for awhile, the tech shared my desktop and logged in to the curriculum herself. She escalated the issue and the response was simply "it should not work that way..."

I have yet to find a solution, but I wanted you to know that you are not alone.

If I hear anything I will post here...good luck!

#4 2011-11-23 15:14:42

**_kschultz_**

Hard to beleive this is November and still a problem.  I have the same one.  Did you ever receive a Tech response?

#5 2012-04-04 16:23:29

**_dennis_**

I did not.

#6 2012-06-07 16:33:55

**_J_Kaiser_**

A question I have is were these courses that have the Not Required icon next to them added to the curriculum after the Learner already completed the curriculum?

We're having an issue where we add a course to a curriculum, and for each person that has previously completed the curriculum, they see this icon on the new course added. In other words, I can't find a way to change the completion requirements of an existing curriculum from so it accounts for the extra course recently added.

Is there a topic on this matter in the Training forum? Any ideas other than make sure all my courses are crated and added to the curriculum on the first shot?

thanks in advance
JK

#7 2012-06-07 17:55:05

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

If someone completes a curriculum, then they are complete. Changing the contents of the curriculum doesn't change their status as they are grandfathered in. Anyone who isn't complete will be required to take the new courses.

Board footer