Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2010-05-09 17:18:40

**_marcosp_**

Can't install add-in

Hi there!

I've got a problem here... I'm trying to share my desktop, so whenever I try this I accept to download the add-in and, once downloaded, a message  comes on saying:

"Couldn't write the application to the hard disk. Please verify the hard disk is available and try again."

Well, the hard disk is available and there is plenty of room...

I

#2 2010-05-10 10:15:16

**_jcooper9099_**

Re: Can't install add-in

You pobably have to run your browser as "administrator" (right click >> run as administrator). Then, when prompted to install the add-in do it and it shoudl be done with admin rights.

You may be prompted to install the add-in for yourself or all users. I chose all users.

Then close the browser and restart your session in normal mode.

#3 2010-06-07 15:50:15

**_mattrsullivan_**

Thanks for your post!  Actually this is the 2nd time I'd been given this advice, so I wanted to add a note for those (like me) that consider themselves Win7 (or Internet Explorer)-challenged...

To run IE as Administrator, you'll navigate to the Start Menu > All programs. At that point, you can right click on Internet Explorer to choose Run As Administrator.

I'm sure there's another 12 ways to do this, but all of my ways (like rt-clicking in my Task Bar, and rt-clicking on an internet shortcut) didn't work. And Connect's tech support staff was not familiar with solving this problem either. At least, the tech I got wasn't able to solve it!

-Matt Sullivan

#4 2011-08-09 09:50:18

**_omfguy_**

How can you say this is resolved without confirmation?  I have the same problem on Windows XP.  What is the solution?  I am logged in as the admin user.  I have the same problem with Windows Explorer and FireFox.

Last edited by **_omfguy_** (2011-08-09 09:51:44)

#5 2011-08-09 11:29:28

**_mattrsullivan_**

Hi omfguy, you sound offended...

Did you follow my instructions?

Sorry if it doesn't solve your XP problem, but if not, it may be a Win7-specific solution.

Since marcosp is on Win7, I'm sure it worked for him as well, and his issue is resolved.

Board footer