Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2010-04-20 14:32:44

alistairlee

Adobe Announces Service Pack 1 for Adobe Connect

Adobe sent out an email last week announcing Service Pack 1 for Adobe Connect.

I've created a short overview presentation of what's included in this update.  You can find it here:
http://my.adobe.acrobat.com/sp1update-overview

It does include new add-ins for both Windows and Mac.  These should get updated automatically, but you can download them any time here:
Windows:  http://www.adobe.com/go/connect_7_5_sp1_win
Mac:  http://www.adobe.com/go/connect_7_5_sp1_mac

#2 2010-04-20 14:35:57

alistairlee

Re: Adobe Announces Service Pack 1 for Adobe Connect

I've got a bit more information on the specific timeline for deploying SP1 across the different hosted accounts.

Obviously, all dates are subject to change.  Look at your URL to determine which hosted cluster you are on.

universe community

EMEA:  April 23
NA1:  April 23
NA6:  April 30
NA3: April 30
NA2:  May 7
NA4: May 7
NA5: May 14
NA7: May 14

On Premise installs should be available on or around May 11th*

* - This was updated from May 7th.

#3 2010-04-26 13:31:23

**_rjohnson_educause_**

We got an email today saying that we had already been upgraded to SP1.  However, we are on the NA3 cluster and that isn't scheduled until April 30.  No new add-in was required when logging on as host.  How can we tell if we've been upgraded or not?  I checked the version and it's Connect_750_r138.  Will you let us know the release number so we can tell when we've been upgraded?  Thanks!

#4 2010-04-26 13:45:52

alistairlee

You bring up an excellent point. 

The way I usually check the version of a Connect deployment is by hovering my cursor over the 'Help' link on the login screen.  It typically shows something like 'Connect_750_r138'

I noticed that on the server I'm using (which does have SP1 installed), it now simply says "7.5.1"

I'll check with the product team to double check that this is the version number associated with SP1.

#5 2010-04-26 14:31:05

**_mrock66_**

#6 2010-04-26 18:49:21

alistairlee

Thanks Matt.

I've just learned that the SP1 announce email that should have gone only to customers who were upgraded (NA1, EMEA) was erroneously sent to all customers.

I apologize for any misunderstanding.  My understanding is that Adobe is sending a communication to clarify the situation.

Thanks,
Alistair

#7 2010-04-27 01:31:04

**_Andrew42_**

Hi there.

Does anyone know when the SP will be available for on-premise customers?

I've scheduled the server downtime for upgrading this week, but Adobe hasn't provided any information how to download the SP yet.

#8 2010-04-27 06:19:55

alistairlee

Hey Andrew42,

The on-premise version is currently scheduled to be available on May 7th.  You should get an email from Adobe once it's available with information on where to get the installers.

Thanks,
Alistair

#9 2010-04-27 07:53:29

**_Andrew42_**

Thanks for the info Alistair.

That's pretty interesting. Quote from Adobe's eMail:
"We are pleased to inform you that Adobe

#10 2010-04-27 08:00:13

alistairlee

Thanks Andrew - I understand your frustration and I'll definitely pass the feedback to the team.

#11 2010-04-27 09:10:19

**_Andrew42_**

Thank you. I'm courious if the SP provides a better performance.

#12 2010-05-04 14:44:35

**_drcobb_**

I'm wondering if anyone is having issues with power point animations not functioning properly since the SP1 upgrade.

I'm on the NA6 cluster, which has been upgraded.  Today I was re-using a set of power points that I've previously used successfully.  However, two of my animations were no longer working.  The text didn't convert well and became jumbled.  Also, the font was programmed to change color, but that didn't work either.

Have there been any other issues with animations since the SP1 upgrade?

Last edited by **_drcobb_** (2010-05-04 14:44:51)

#13 2010-05-05 07:27:42

**_r.nayakar_**

Hi,

I've recorded my meeting by the help of Adobe Acrobat Connect Pro but the recording is private by default Now I need to make it as public so that the recording can be viewed by all(without authenticating ). Actually i was able to change from private to public through admin panel  but How can i do that by using the API.What parameters required to  pass in the URL eg:https://admin.acrobat.com/api/xml?action=XXX....?  Does someone have any suggestions how to make Recorded Link as Public from Adobe Connect  Pro.

Thanks in advance,
Ramesh

#14 2010-05-05 07:28:46

**_r.nayakar_**

Hi,

I've recorded my meeting by the help of Adobe Acrobat Connect Pro but the recording is private by default Now I need to make it as public so that the recording can be viewed by all(without authenticating ). Actually i was able to change from private to public through admin panel  but How can i do that by using the API.What parameters required to  pass in the URL eg:https://admin.acrobat.com/api/xml?action=XXX....?  Does someone have any suggestions how to make Recorded Link as Public from Adobe Connect  Pro.

Thanks in advance,
Ramesh

#15 2010-05-10 01:56:35

**_Andrew42_**

drcobb wrote:

I'm wondering if anyone is having issues with power point animations not functioning properly since the SP1 upgrade.

Did you use .pptx files? My experience is, that .ppt is doing a better job.

#16 2010-05-10 10:48:31

**_CCWWW_**

Where can we find the link to update to the SP1?  We have not received an email.  We have AC on your own server.

Thanks

#17 2010-05-10 10:59:17

alistairlee

Hey CCWWW,

Just checked with the product team on this - the date has moved to May 11th.  Expect to receive an email tomorrow.

Thanks.

#18 2010-05-11 18:46:41

**_Andrew42_**

The product team seems to have a different calendar. ;) And now? The date has moved to June? Or July? Or an unknown date in this or next year?

Pardon my sarcasm, but for nearly 1000 bucks support charges per month, this is a very poor performance. Especially if you consider the fact that there are no nameable new features since version 6.0 (compared to products like Netucate iLinc).

How many developers are in the team? Two? With a half-time-employment? This is ridiculous.

Last edited by **_Andrew42_** (2010-05-11 18:52:02)

#19 2010-05-11 18:59:22

alistairlee

I have to take offense to that - there have been two major updates to the product (7.0, 7.5) in addition to several Service Packs since version 6.  All of these releases have had major new features like Universal Voice, Breakout Rooms, Compliance & Control Options, PDF Sharing, Presence integration with OCS, & a brand new web interface and reporting engine.

In the interest of openness, I provided the dates above to give everyone as much guidance as possible.  I tried to make it clear that they were subject to change.  Obviously, I now regret that decision.

#20 2010-05-11 20:57:46

**_Daniel_**

There are a lot of users who appreciate the product too :) Have noticed support has been improving lately. I really enjoy the benefits of this community too. Thanks!

#21 2010-05-18 12:11:09

**_JohnK_**

alistairlee wrote:

In the interest of openness, I provided the dates above to give everyone as much guidance as possible.  I tried to make it clear that they were subject to change.  Obviously, I now regret that decision.

Openness is great. Ignore the ignorants...

John K.

#22 2010-05-18 12:59:44

**_Andrew42_**

alistairlee wrote:

I appreciate this and I didn't want to offend you. You only can provide the information that you have.

And I can also accept, that connect has some nice new features since version 6. But the problem is more fundamental. Connect is not just a nice-to-have tool for us, we spent more than 100.000 $ for an reliable communication infrastructure, that fits our demands. Connect does this job well. Most of the time.

But unfortunately there are some problems, that can only be fixed by the developers. Connect is a black box in view of administrative tasks like performance measuring, etc. Fixing these problems just-in-time is essential for providing a reliable user support for our customers. And I only can do my job if Adobe is doing just the same: provide a reliable support and a reliable accomplishment.

This is no reason for frustration. This is just annoying because I get the impression that Adobe does not take the requirements of their customers serious enough.

That's basically not your problem. So please don't take it personally. That's a management induced communications-problem. And it's very unfortunate, that no one seems to attempt to fix this for the last 5 years. Since then we use Connect (Breeze) and with every release, the problems are recurring.

I hope you understand the fundamental issue. Be sure that I appreciate your efforts.

#23 2010-05-21 12:50:36

alistairlee

All on premise customers should have now been notified that the on premise version of SP1 is now available.

#24 2010-05-23 04:42:03

**_Andrew42_**

Thanks alistair. Not yet here. But in Germany we have legal holidays until monday. Let's wait and see. :)

A short update: I just talked to the licensing team and got the info that there are some technical problems with the download server. They asked for patience and announced the SP for next tuesday.

Last edited by **_Andrew42_** (2010-05-25 04:14:51)

#25 2010-05-28 05:37:52

**_Andrew42_**

The notification mail arrived. :)

Board footer