Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2010-03-16 16:22:41

**_nazrul_**

login account and content access

Hi All,
This is my first post here.

I'm hoping somebody can help me with this. What we have is four departments of user groups - departments having access to their own content only, whilst being able to see the root directory of the other departments. What I want to do is set the users login so that as he/she logs in, he/she is only able to see their content and not the root directory of the other groups.

Currently users are able to see root folders that exist for other groups but not browse them. I want to change this so that each user group is only aware of their content and not of other groups. I want it so that the login page takes the user into the root directory of their department or alternatively hide the root directory of the other departments. This should be consistent for all departments.

We use a hosted Adobe Connect Pro service.

Please help. Thanks!

[-_-]

#2 2010-03-24 11:08:40

**_mrock66_**

Re: login account and content access

What does your folder structure look like now?  You might have to move all your departments down one level to make this work.

#3 2010-04-07 11:38:38

**_nazrul_**

Re: login account and content access

Apologies for the late reply as I've been away for a while.

Ok, the folder structure is as follows.

Root directory is 'Shared Content'. All other folders are within Shared Content. We have the 3 departmental folders in there. We also have other generic folders that we need the 3 departments to have access to in there. So....

Shared Content [root]
>Department 1
>Department 2
>Department 3
>Generic Folder 1
>Generic Folder 2
>Generic Folder 3

The above is what everybody is able to see when they log on. What I want to do is limit it so that users Departmental folder acts as their root folder and not the Shared Content.

Or if Shared Content acts as their root folder, all they are able to see is their departmental folder and all generic folder.

If the above is achievable, as an administrator when I log in, I still want to be able to view all departmental folders whilst users can only view their departmental folders.

I hope the above makes sense.

Last edited by **_nazrul_** (2010-04-07 11:46:14)

Board footer