Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2010-03-16 12:37:37

**_dwatkins_**

Whiteboarding + Tagging = EverConnect?

Two of my favorite applications are Adobe Connect and Evernote. But, both seem to have some serious drawbacks when it comes it whiteboarding. There are some amazing examples of Flash-based drawing boards all over the web. I would like to see Adobe adopt more robust tools for free-form brainstorming that allow you to do the kinds of things you might in a mind-mapping software, but also to have better tools for overlaying mark-ups on existing documents and screen shares.

But creating the whiteboard experience and a good overlay is only half of the problem. The other half is saving your boards and overlays and being able to easily access them. For us, printing doesn't solve the problem because we're often working from conference room computers and not our own systems. So I think it would be great to save the pictures into a content area of Connect. This is where Adobe can learn from the Evernote tagging and thumbnail system.

So I guess I'm making several suggestions at once: (1) improve tools for interactive whiteboarding (2) improve tools for marking up in overlay mode (3) allowing saving images directly into content area (4) improve interface of content area (5) allow tagging of content for ease in locating.

#2 2010-11-22 17:33:36

**_thomkinney_**

Re: Whiteboarding + Tagging = EverConnect?

Seconded! I posted in another thread about the need for interactive whiteboarding - I like these enhancements even more! Shared brainstorming is a "killer app" for online training. I'm crossing my fingers!

Board footer