Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2010-03-10 10:21:23

**_donutman925_**

System Group creation?

I am running into an issue that hopefully I can get resolved. I am trying to figure out how to create another System Group (Administrators - Limited) with more limited options for some specific users. Any ideas? Thanks

#2 2010-03-12 09:43:57

**_donutman925_**

Re: System Group creation?

Let me put my problem another way. I am having problems with trying to figure out how to let users enroll themselves in courses. From what I have seen, a basic user account can't do it. The person has to belong to either the Admin group or the Admin limited group which I don't want thousands of users to have access to those rights. There has to be something I'm missing here?

#3 2010-03-15 15:16:14

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

If you are looking to use the Training Catalog, then you just need to set up permissions for it like you would any other folder in the Connect system. You can find these settings in the Training section of the system. There will be a link, to the right of the training folders for the Training Catalog. Click on that and then select the Set permissions link and you can open it up to any user and/or group in the Connect infrastructure.

To answer your first question, no, there is not a way to create an additional System Group.

#4 2010-03-16 08:58:35

**_donutman925_**

I actually ended up figuring out the Set Permissions button a couple of days ago. Now I know how to enable the courses for self enrollment. Thanks for the reply.

Board footer