Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2010-02-25 08:00:34

alistairlee

Connect Pro Mobile Now Available

Hey everyone,

Apple pushed the mobile application live in the app store yesterday afternoon.  For more details, including a video overview, a link to the quick start guide, and a link to the application, check out the following new article on connectusers:  http://www.connectusers.com/tutorials/2 … /index.php

Thanks,
Alistair

#2 2010-02-25 08:46:57

**_gajett_**

Re: Connect Pro Mobile Now Available

i'll chime in the same as the commenters -- network error.

also, the link to the visual quick start guide is broken.

can't wait for this app to work!! .....

greg

#3 2010-02-25 08:58:10

alistairlee

I'm not sure why you're getting the network error.

The bad link was my fault - it's fixed now.  You can grab the Visual Quick Start Guide here:  http://www.connectusers.com/tutorials/2 … 0Start.pdf

We should also have a "Known Issues" document on the site later today.  I'll post the link to that in this forum as well as on the tutorial.

#4 2010-02-25 09:14:31

**_gajett_**

Now i'm getting 'The entered room does not exist'.  Tried two different urls, verified they were correct.

the network error is caused when you try to enter a meeting that's not currently running.  Since the app doesn't let you enter as a host or start a meeting.

--g--

#5 2010-02-25 15:28:53

alistairlee

The 'Known Issues' document is now available and posted in the article.  Here's a direct link:
http://www.connectusers.com/tutorials/2 … Issues.pdf

#6 2010-03-01 07:17:15

**_Biffa_**

How do I block this app?

It doesn't use http/https so we have a SSO that redirects from the Adobe server to our SSO page and then back to the Adobe server, this app bypasses the entire process and our security team are a bit upset to say the least.

I'm assuming that it plugs into the meeting using flash without using the http interfaces at all.

#7 2010-03-01 10:29:33

alistairlee

@Biffa - I don't know of any way to block the mobile application at this point.

I've sent this issue to the product team who are actively updating the mobile application.  I'll post any responses/updates here.

#8 2010-03-01 10:56:27

**_Biffa_**

Thanks Alistair,

Any chance there is any documentation on it? I'm thinking if I can stop the member login and only allow guest logins via the app then that would keep everyone happy. But have been in meetings about this all day and our security team are threatening to turn off our Adobe cluster if we can't get this sorted out.

#9 2010-03-01 11:05:05

alistairlee

The only documentation is the Visual Quick Start Guide and the Known Issues document (both links above).

One option is to turn on the Compliance Notice for your account (in the Administration settings).  This causes a known issue that prevents the mobile application from connecting to a meeting.  The downside is that it does require all users to click an extra button to attend any meeting on the account.

#10 2010-03-01 19:40:27

**_pjones_**

We are currently only using Connect Training for on-demand lessons. Is there any way to use the mobile app to view these lessons? I tried entering the URL for one of our lessons but I get the "Entered room does not exist"

#11 2010-03-02 04:46:18

**_dominicp_**

We experienced the same "Network Error" when logging in using registered accounts, but it works fine with Guest accounts.  Any clue?

Our ConnectPro server is LDAP enabled.  Both registered and guest accounts work fine in non-mobile environment.

#12 2010-03-02 16:03:23

**_azpeter2009_**

First impressions?  Thumbs-up.  It is only Version 1.0, so it is somewhat limited

#13 2010-03-04 05:05:42

**_Biffa_**

pjones wrote:

We are currently only using Connect Training for on-demand lessons. Is there any way to use the mobile app to view these lessons? I tried entering the URL for one of our lessons but I get the "Entered room does not exist"

Heres the thing to check, the mobile app does not work with any form of HTML process. So try connecting to your training room in a normal web browser, if it goes straight to the training room using the normal Adobe Connect login screen then you are ok, however if you have any other web based forms that the user has to fill in to get to the event or a compliance notice that pops up that you have to click "OK" on then the mobile app will break because its a pure flash application plugging into the flash server part of Adobe connect and can't break out to HTML and back to flash again.

#14 2010-03-04 14:39:38

**_deanbush_**

The reason for "network error" is redirect doesn't work in the mobile app
For example if you created a link to an easy URL classroom/meeting http://fakecompany.acrobat.com/fakelesson1 what happens in a regular browser is the redirection to https://fakecompany.na3.acrobat.com/a12 … akelesson1
My work around for my users is give them the "iphone URL"
You can do the same thing from your iphone by going to the safari browser, typing in the easy url, let it redirect you to the real URL, copy and paste to the connect mobile app.

Giant PIA, but it works. That said I have my own issue in the next post <G>

#15 2010-03-04 14:59:19

**_pjones_**

Biffa wrote:
pjones wrote:

Heres the thing to check, the mobile app does not work with any form of HTML process. So try connecting to your training room in a normal web browser, if it goes straight to the training room using the normal Adobe Connect login screen then you are ok, however if you have any other web based forms that the user has to fill in to get to the event or a compliance notice that pops up that you have to click "OK" on then the mobile app will break because its a pure flash application plugging into the flash server part of Adobe connect and can't break out to HTML and back to flash again.

Thanks. We don't have training "rooms" though. We just publish on-demand adobe presenter content. Similar to this:

http://my.adobe.acrobat.com/p79566619/

It would be nice if the mobile app allowed users to view this type of content.

#16 2010-03-12 15:40:07

**_ttheriault_**

"can't connect to meeting server" - we've tried everything! help.

Thanks
Thom

#17 2010-04-14 09:46:51

**_MartinLang_**

We also get the same issue: "can't connect to meeting server" (after initially getting: 'The entered room does not exist', that got "resolved" though with first having the URL convert through posting it in Safari.
Still can't connect though due to the "can't connect to meeting server" error now unfortunatly. Would love to!!

#18 2010-04-15 18:48:10

**_azpeter2009_**

Is it supposed to play the recorded content?  It also doesn't seem to allow interaction beyond the chat room, and the presentation seems to need interaction...  Still like the app... even looks good on the iPad.

#19 2010-04-17 05:07:52

**_carsexmarsh_**

I read your article , after must say I'll say that it is very good for your mobile connect activity,...Pro activity procedure very effective in your mobile function...

Alta Whitening 

Nitro Force

#20 2010-07-15 15:05:34

**_wmsikkema_**

I've been having an issue testing and it states that the meeting cannot be found.  I have verified this meeting works everywhere else but through this app.  Any suggestions?

#21 2010-08-15 21:26:24

**_jessicaleahy_**

Its good but it is only Version 1.0, which is why it is quite limited. However, it does offer hearing the audio and checking the content screen, PPT and also FLV data. You can view the video windows, and interactive Chat (however, you cannot to send Private chat).  It does not presently exhibit overlay functions, whiteboard, or note. You cannot choose among numerous share pods.

#22 2010-09-02 17:47:22

**_Dragos_**

jessicaleahy wrote:

Its good but it is only Version 1.0, which is why it is quite limited. However, it does offer hearing the audio and checking the content screen, PPT and also FLV data. You can view the video windows, and interactive Chat (however, you cannot to send Private chat).  It does not presently exhibit overlay functions, whiteboard, or note. You cannot choose among numerous share pods.

Completely agree with the need for sharing other pods, too - especially whiteboard and Poll. Is that part of the plan? Any rough deadlines, please? Very keen and wishing it had these two additional functionalities.

#23 2010-09-03 08:59:45

**_pafell_**

It would also be great if you could select between multiple Share pods.  We will often use a 2nd Share pod with a .jpg or .gif image of the presenter.

#24 2010-10-14 19:43:53

**_jessicaleahy_**

Yes. I hope they would think about adding those options. Then it would certainly be worth the purchase.

Board footer