Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2010-01-19 09:06:24

**_donutman925_**

Improving the Curriculum

I am having an issue in Connect 7. I have not upgraded to 7.5 yet.  I have included a picture of the issue I am having. The problem that is occurring is after creating a curriculum and adding courses to it later on. The curriculum's are always set up to have prerequisites and all required to move onto the next course. For this test curriculum below, I set it up with 3 courses to start last week. I went through and completed all 3. Then today added 2 more courses and set the 2 new courses to the same requirements as the first 3. By doing this, I always get the same error with the red sign on the star saying that the course is not required (in this case course 4) because I completed the 3 courses already which would mean the curriculum was already completed. I can still open the course and complete it, but since this could be viewed by many people I see it as a problem if someone sees that error and thinks they cant do course 4 or may not get the full credit. I have also noticed that merging old courses into new curriculum's creates big problems in Connect. Has any of this been fixed in Connect 7.5? Thanks

notrequired.jpg

The "error" is because you have already completed the Curricula. If items are added after you have done everything need to get a completed status, you will not be required to do the additional items. This is because you have been grandfathered in. In short, once you complete a curricula, you cannot un-complete it.
Jorma_at_RealEyes
REC

So I am to assume that the issue has not changed in version 7.5 then? I understand the issues and knew about the grandfather issue. I find that kind of a big issue especially if for example: I create a new curriculum with 2 courses, then I want to add in an old course that already has user's completed status attached to it, then I add in say 2 updated courses with new material. The users are going to get the same error. You would think that the Adobe Connect system would be able to recognize that you are pulling in old courses users have completed into a curriculum and inform them that there has been an update to the curriculum they already completed, and now the user needs to complete additional courses in order for the curriculum to be listed as fully complete. I went through the release notes for 7.5 and Adobe really didn't touch anything related to editing curriculum's, courses etc. I find this issue bigger than a lot of the stuff they fixed. Thanks

I don't expect that this feature will be addressed in V 7 of this tool. Definitely put it in the suggestions for Connect so the product team knows of the desire to have the functionality of this tool changed. Since this is the expected functionality of the tool, I don't foresee a change for how this works, but it will never happen if the product team doesn't know that there is a need for it to work differently.
Jorma_at_RealEyes
REC

#2 2010-01-20 16:29:31

**_mark2741_**

Re: Improving the Curriculum

Prerequisites have always give me issues in curriculums. It's to a point where I try to avoid them at all costs. The 'circular dependency' issue that people keep saying is a user-issue and not a real bug is ridiculous.

Board footer