Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2009-10-09 11:31:45

**_Toddmonster_**

Update Multiple User's Email Address

Hi,
We are converting our email domain. I have about 200 users I'd like to update their email address in Adobe Connect myself. For example, change my login/email address from Todd.Irvin@uwa.unitedway.org to Todd.Irvin@uww.unitedway.org.
For the 200 users, I'd like to do this in one shot if possible, and not ask them to update their profiles or for me to do one at a time. Any help would be appreciated.

P.S. I looked at web API calls and know I can use principal-update command, but I don't know how to get the command to execute 200 times (I'm not much of a programmer unfortunately). Thanks, Todd

#2 2009-10-11 02:43:11

**_eomedia_**

Re: Update Multiple User's Email Address

Toddmonster,

To execute the API call 200 times you simply need to use some programming language (ColdFusion, PHP, Java, .NET, javascript, etc.) to create a loop, one loop for every person to update.

For example, in ColdFusion it might look like this.

<cfquery datasource="datasourceName" name="membersToUpdate">
    SELECT username, password, email FROM memberlist
</cfquery>

<!-- 1)  Login with Administrator account using API call ?action=login&login=#Arguments.username#&password=#Arguments.password# -->

<!-- 2)  loop over your member list where the cfquery gives you the variables to fill the principal-update on each loop -->
<cfoutput query="membersToUpdate">
    <!-- 3)  update each member in list using API ?action=principal-update&first-name=#firstName#&last-name=#lastName#&login=#connectLogin#&password=#connectPassword#&email=#email#&send-email=#sendEmail#&session=#loginCookie# -->
</cfoutput>

<!-- 4)  logout of Connect -->

I realize that you mention you aren't a programmer, but depending the infrastructure your company uses you should be able to find out what programming language is in use.  If there is no specific language in use you can use whatever is easiest to implement.

What you need to do isn't that difficult for any competent programmer so I think you should be able to hire someone if you can't find an internal resource.

Best of luck,

Ryan
www.conferenceEdge.com

#3 2009-10-11 22:00:17

**_jimmydot_**

You might also be able to do this by importing users with a csv file.  i have used a csv file to update other info, should be able update email.

look for "Import users and groups from CSV files" from the online help. 

1st create a temp group, cause you will use the import users to existing group. you only need the login id and email address in the CSV file.  test with a few users to verify that it works.

#4 2009-10-12 10:58:51

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

One thing to be aware of is that if your account is set to have email = log in, then you may run into some issues as you cannot change the Log In ID of a user in Connect. So While you can disassociate these two fields, the log in for their account may be the old email, while they get notifications at the new email.

Board footer