Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2023-03-24 10:06:36

Jam

Update Problem

I downloaded and installed the latest version of Adobe Connect (2023.2.187.64) but the "About" section in the application still shows 2020.10.1.32 / 10.8.0.

#2 2023-03-24 13:39:54

Jorma_at_CoSo

Re: Update Problem

Wow, Connect 10.8. My money is on you still running Connect meetings in 'Classic' mode, or the old Flash based version. The last update to the App that ran Classic mode was 2020.10.1.32.

You can start a meeting in Standard mode (which honestly was not great in 10.8) but you'll see the App listed as version 2023.2.187.64.

I'd strongly recommend you update your environment to 11.4.6a if you can. Connect 12 is a going to be a whole other animal to deploy on-premise, so you may want to start looking into what that is going to take, should moving to it be in your future.

#3 2023-03-24 23:54:29

Jam

Jorma_at_CoSo wrote:

Wow, Connect 10.8. My money is on you still running Connect meetings in 'Classic' mode, or the old Flash based version. The last update to the App that ran Classic mode was 2020.10.1.32.

You can start a meeting in Standard mode (which honestly was not great in 10.8) but you'll see the App listed as version 2023.2.187.64.

I'd strongly recommend you update your environment to 11.4.6a if you can. Connect 12 is a going to be a whole other animal to deploy on-premise, so you may want to start looking into what that is going to take, should moving to it be in your future.

How is that going to help?

The problem is that when I install the app using the new setup file my application still says it is the old one. Then you recommend that I should update my application? That is the problem, updating the app.

#4 2023-03-27 10:10:14

Jorma_at_CoSo

Sorry, I may not have been clear. I was suggesting you update the Adobe Connect server(s), which is separate from the app. Connect 10.X was a bit of a hard growth period for the Standard mode, which was the first step in getting Adobe Connect out of it's hard dependency on Flash. Connect 11 will still allow you to use Classic mode (old Flash based interface) or Standard mode (HTML based interface) for Meetings, so your use of Connect shouldn't be negatively impacted. Instead, the Standard mode should be fully functional and bugs should be resolved if you upgrade to the last version of Connect 11.

Any time you run a meeting in Classic mode, you will see the desktop App version is going to be 2020.10.1.32. This is because that was the last version of the App for Classic. If you launch a meeting in Standard mode, then you should see the current version of the app that you have installed.

#5 2023-03-29 04:33:02

Jam

Jorma_at_CoSo wrote:

Sorry, I may not have been clear. I was suggesting you update the Adobe Connect server(s), which is separate from the app. Connect 10.X was a bit of a hard growth period for the Standard mode, which was the first step in getting Adobe Connect out of it's hard dependency on Flash. Connect 11 will still allow you to use Classic mode (old Flash based interface) or Standard mode (HTML based interface) for Meetings, so your use of Connect shouldn't be negatively impacted. Instead, the Standard mode should be fully functional and bugs should be resolved if you upgrade to the last version of Connect 11.

Any time you run a meeting in Classic mode, you will see the desktop App version is going to be 2020.10.1.32. This is because that was the last version of the App for Classic. If you launch a meeting in Standard mode, then you should see the current version of the app that you have installed.

Thanks for clarification.

I don't have access to the Adobe Connect server. If I got it right, there is nothing I can to on the client side.

And when you say "Any time you run a meeting in Classic mode" does it mean that as a user I have the option to choose how I am going to run a meeting?

#6 2023-03-29 08:53:59

Jorma_at_CoSo

You gave just enough information that I made the assumption that you had more access to the account than you do. As a user, you have no real control for the settings used, the Meeting Host should have the ability to choose between Classic and Standard mode for the meeting.

Board footer