Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2021-04-28 14:45:37

LisaSan760

Updates/Outages on a Monday. Again. WHY??

Powers that be at Adobe Connect... Please understand that a Sunday night update/outage is a MONDAY morning outage in other parts of the world. For the third time this year (or more?) these updates are forcing me to move client sessions to WebEx. Not because I want to, not because I have TIME to, but because AC has planned yet another outage during time when I have client events booked on AC. It is extremely disruptive, time consuming, and it makes me look inconsistent in the eyes of my clients.

I also have two large clients asking if they can move entirely to WebEx, and this is not helping.

Can you please consider a Saturday night update in future?

Thanks for your consideration.

Last edited by LisaSan760 (2021-04-28 14:47:01)

#2 2021-04-28 16:35:08

Jorma_at_CoSo

Re: Updates/Outages on a Monday. Again. WHY??

Talk to your reseller to ask Adobe to move your account to a different server cluster. It sounds like you are on one that is not aligned with your user base.

#3 2021-04-28 17:59:45

LisaSan760

Thanks Jorma! While we are based in the US, we have international clients so we have a really broad user base. I'm not totally versed in the different server options but I appreciate the suggestion. I think we may be limited based on the provider that we have, but it's something we can look into.

I would think that Sunday night / Monday morning outages are probably adversely affecting quite a few clients & events besides just mine and my team's, so I felt compelled to vent. :)

Thanks for listening!

Last edited by LisaSan760 (2021-04-28 18:00:23)

#4 2021-05-03 16:42:54

Jorma_at_CoSo

Such is the crux of having a SaaS solution. You are at Adobe's whims for upgrades and maintenance windows. It may be as simple as moving to a more East Coast or West Coast cluster, but with a global user base, someone always has to get the short end of the stick, unfortunately.

I appreciate the frustration, and am happy you can come here to vent. I suppose the other option is to throw money at the problem and have a privately hosted server that you can control when maintenance and updates happen, but that is harder to justify without more than a frustration about an incident ;)

Board footer