Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2021-02-24 07:34:34

Battenberg

Intermittent Problems with Shared File Content in Recordings

We're having intermittent problems with recordings of meetings.  The content that's affected is shared documents - in the recording of a meeting from yesterday, for example, I can see the screen share, see the webcam and hear my voice, but the PowerPoint slides I share later in the meeting don't appear (often).

I first became aware of the problem yesterday, when I had messages from two of my colleagues to say that their students were having problems watching lesson recordings.  I was using my own (Windows 10) computer at the time (which is more up-to-date than my work computer) and when I tried the same recordings that the students were trying to watch, they played perfectly - I initially concluded that they needed to update their version of the Connect app.

I then had another message from one of the colleagues, while I was using my (Windows 10) work computer, saying that she'd updated the Connect app and the recordings still didn't play properly in the app (or the browser).

I tried again and I had the same problem, so decided that there must be something different about the work computer and I'd investigate further this morning...

So I got up and found that the same recordings now played normally on my work computer.  I've since done quite a bit of testing with two Windows computers, Linux, a Chromebook and my phone, and recordings played properly about half the time overall.  It might be coincidence, but:

• recordings work a lot of the time on both my Windows computers, but that if a recording doesn't work in the app then it doesn't seem to work in the browser at the same time - although it's not recording specific; I've watched the start of the same two meetings probably dozens of times now, and sometimes they work and sometimes they don't.

• I tried to watch recordings for one student on my Chromebook - one said that a PDF document was "unsupported content" and another didn't display a PowerPoint slide.  Then I tried some different recordings before going to try the same two recordings again, and both played normally.

• No recordings played properly on my Linux computer or my (Android 11) phone.

All devices use the same (36Mbps VDSL) connection, and I have a dual-boot Linux and Windows 10 PC, so they're actually the same hardware.

Has anyone experience similar issues?  Does anyone know what we can do to improve the situation (other than just trying again and hoping it works)?

Last edited by Battenberg (2021-02-24 07:36:49)

#2 2021-02-24 07:42:12

Battenberg

Re: Intermittent Problems with Shared File Content in Recordings

I should probably add that we were updated to Connect 11.2 on Sunday night, but recordings from before that date are also affected.

#3 2021-03-03 04:58:58

Battenberg

Re: Intermittent Problems with Shared File Content in Recordings

Our students are getting really frustrated with not being able to catch up on the lessons they've missed.  It's presumably a problem with playback rather than recording, as the documents sometimes appear.  It'd be interesting to know why recordings quite often play correctly for some people (e.g. me), and yet never for some other people (one of my colleagues and some of our students).

Board footer