Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2021-02-15 12:37:17

Ignasi Lirio

Connect 2021 running slow, buggy, freezes...

Hi community!

I just wanted to share here my experience since I just made the transition from Classic Connect to the new app.

In summary, the experience is awful. Although the new UI is nice, clean and useful, the performance is a NIGHTMARE.

Every seminar I deliver is a real trouble:

– Every single time I am sharing my screen, if I just switch from Mini Control back to normal Connect Screen, or I just try to use the chat pod inside minicontrol; everytime I try to interact with it, the Death Whell appears (Mac) and the whole computer becomes unresposive. I have to wait eternal seconds to try to Force Quit, then enter again. It happens all the time and when I end my sessions, the whole system goes incredibly slow, and most of the times I have to Force Quit anyway if I want to fully recover control of my computer.

For those interested, I am using MacOS Mojave in an almost new MacBook (1.5 years) and Adobe Connect still 10 (will be upgraded to 11 in next weeks)

Any ideas? Thanks!

#2 2021-02-16 09:23:18

alistairlee

Re: Connect 2021 running slow, buggy, freezes...

Hi Ignasi,

I'm sorry to hear about these experiences.

I'm not aware of any issues related to using chat inside the mini control panel. I'm assuming, since you're on version 10, that you're using Classic view for screensharing.

We did recently update the Mac client on our Downloads page. I'd recommend updating to the latest version: https://helpx.adobe.com/adobe-connect/connect-downloads-updates.html

#3 2021-02-17 05:16:12

Ignasi Lirio

First of all, thank you very much for your reply.

But actually no, I am using standard versions of Connect v.2021.1

I never experienced such those problems with Classic view.

It's been since I dropped Classic app and turn into newer, Standard app that I am experiencing serious trouble in my seminars, like:

- When in Mini Control, activating the Chat mini pod, freezes Connect
- When Stop Sharing from Mini Control, takes 2-3 minutos to regain control of Connect
- When Resuming Screen Sharing, Connect freezes
- At the end of the seminar, the whole computer runs suuuuuper slow until I Force Connect to Quit

This is very troublesome to me, as I have to run seminars on a daily basis...

Thanks,

#4 2021-02-17 05:18:15

Ignasi Lirio

Oh, I forgot to mention:

I am still using version 10, as Adobe told me my license is expected to be updated to version 11 on this sunday Feb 21st.

Does this affect to performance?

Thank you again,

Board footer