Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2021-02-02 20:53:05

scotts

%25 inserted in hyperlink on a slide deck in a connect meeting pod

In a share pod there is a pptx deck with a hyperlink to a client site. Post AC 11 the linked connected to the client server correctly.

The link brings you to a document path to retrieve additional information.  (i.e. https://domain.com/Information Data/Brand/Brandinfo.pdf)

There is a space in the client data share path “Information Data”. (this can not can not change)

If I enter the hyperlink directly into a browser it opens the document fine. in the browser you see a %20 in the space between “Information%20Data”.

If I embed the hyperlink in to PowerPoint and click on the link a browser opens to the document and it open fine. in the browser you see a %20 in the space between “Information%20Data”.

If I upload the PPTX to a share pod in AC11.0.6  and click on the link a browser opens to n error page file not found. However in the browser you see a %2520 in the space between “Information%2520Data”.

So the question why is the %25 being inserted  and how can I correct this.

#2 2021-02-03 00:31:09

Jorma_at_CoSo

Re: %25 inserted in hyperlink on a slide deck in a connect meeting pod

That is the result of the URL being 'double encoded'. The layman's version is that %20 is HTML for a space, and the link in the PPT technically has that. When you upload it to Connect, the URL gets re-encoded and the %25 is added as the HTML version of the % symbol, so you get %2520.

I do see this as an issue that Connect is not dealing with the hyperlinks properly.

As a work-around (maybe a faster solution than a future update from Adobe) could you change the space in the URL to a - or _? That or just remove the space? Not sure if you have the ability to do that, but it would resolve this issue.

Board footer