Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2021-02-01 16:34:32

hmbgbw

Show „Host and Presenter Area“ only to hosts doesn’t work properly

Hi at all,

as a workaround for another problem (collapsing screen sharing when a participant enters a breakout room) we have to level up all participants to presenters. We do so by setting the option under “Manage Access and Entry” to automatically promote participants to moderators.
I set the option for the „host and presenter area“ to „show area to only hosts“ to keep the former participants (now presenters) from viewing content in that area. Unfortunately, this doesn’t seem to work for all presenters. Some attendees with the role presenter reported that they also could see the „host and presenter area“ while others can’t (taking their word for it). I know for sure that some can see the area because of an interaction with a presenter (I was preparing a poll and a presenter started typing answers in the polling pod.)
So, until I cannot rely on the option “show area only to hosts” to work properly this area is practically useless for me in this scenario.
I’d appreciate any help on resolving this issue.

Additional information:
- Adobe Connect App Win2020.12.21.64h
- Adobe Connect Server Version 11.0.6
- Breakoutroom with following layout/pods
  - Attendees
  - Files
  - Notes
  - Chat
  - Share as Whiteboard (preselected)
  - Share for Screensharing
- 25-40 meeting attendees, all as guests (not registered users), anyone with a link can enter the meeting

#2 2021-02-01 18:45:34

Jorma_at_CoSo

Re: Show „Host and Presenter Area“ only to hosts doesn’t work properly

If I were to put money on what happened, it would be that the individuals in the room in Classic mode (had the Adobe Flash F next to their name in the attendee pod) were the ones who could see the Host and Presenter only area. The option to hide it from Presenters will only work in Standard or HTML mode of Connect.

#3 2021-02-02 08:30:26

hmbgbw

Thanks for the quick response. I’ll evaluate that in the next meeting.

Unfortunately, I’m very certain that at least one of the students who could see the host and presenter area was using the web client I remember that because he complained that neither the connect11 client nor the first browser he tried could establish a stable connection to the meeting. So, he used different browsers until he successfully attended the meeting. In the attendees pod the browser icon was shown next to his name. Is it possible that browsers still "use" the Classic mode?

#4 2021-02-02 12:06:32

Jorma_at_CoSo

Standard mode in the browser will show a globe next to the user.

If the user joined in the browser or App in classic mode it will show the f next to their name.

In my testing, even in the browser in Standard mode, with the Presenter view turned off I can't see the H&PA as a Presenter. I promoted/demoted my self several times and never had it appear when it shouldn't. Which isn't to say there isn't a bug around it, I just couldn't replicate it.

#5 2021-02-04 12:51:43

alistairlee

Yes - I also believe Jorma is correct.

The option to limit the Host and Presenter Area (previously called the Presenter Only Area) to Hosts only is new to Standard view and isn't supported in Classic view. If you have presenters joining in Classic view, they will see this area regardless of the setting.

With 11.2, having a mixed meeting mode with both Classic and Standard interfaces will no longer be possible, which will help to eliminate this problem.

Board footer