Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2021-01-18 07:20:36

ChrisN

Built in Surface Pro webcam zooming in on the presenter

Hi the presenter's head is huge in the shared webcam image. It is fine in preview before the presenter clicks share my webcam. Presenter is joining via the app NOT a browser. Presenter is using a Microsoft Surface Pro. Presenter doesn't see the aspect ratio option. As host I have set the video aspect ratio to widescreen - changing this doesn't effect the presenter's image.

#2 2021-01-18 10:32:14

Jorma_at_CoSo

Re: Built in Surface Pro webcam zooming in on the presenter

Known issue, it is usually due to the camera not supporting the lower resolutions of video, so Connect just picks a part of the image that is the resolution it is using which appears to be a zoomed in image (really it's just a cropped image). If the user uses an application that can resize the image, it should help. They can try Manycam or DVdriver.

#3 2021-01-19 03:10:17

ChrisN

Thanks - didn't want to ask my external presenter to download something else so I have switched to Standard View and issue solved. I found a blog/video on the Adobe Connect site somewhere which suggested to do this. Now just have to do another tech test with my other speakers (internal) to check we haven't got any issues with them. If this is a known issue and it is not an issue in the old version (Standard) leaves me wondering why it hasn't been fixed... :)

Last edited by ChrisN (2021-01-19 03:12:27)

#4 2021-04-08 06:41:43

agould

I have also seen this happen on my Surface when using an external screen with extended display. When I disabled the extended display the problem disappeared.

Board footer