Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2021-01-15 17:04:10

DaveGordon

PDF Content defaulting to HTML

Good day,

On 12/30/2020, it was brought to my attention that when PDF content stored in our hosted account Adobe Connect Content library is launched, it is now defaulting to open in HTML format in a browser window (in all browsers, including Edge, Chrome, and IE). When the user right-clicks to save the PDF file, they are only presented with Save as type: choices of "Webpage, HTML", "Webpage, single file", or "Webpage, complete". If choosing to instead Print to PDF, all that is captured in the saved PDF is the displayed HTML and not the complete file.

Previously, all of our PDF content launched in Acrobat, with the normal downloading and print capabilities.

Has anyone else noticed this behavior? If so, what steps did you take to resolve?

Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

Regards.

David Gordon

#2 2021-01-15 19:26:34

Jorma_at_CoSo

Re: PDF Content defaulting to HTML

This is expected behavior at this time. It was discussed here https://www.connectusers.com/forums/vie … p?id=25703

#3 2021-01-29 17:22:05

DaveGordon

Re: PDF Content defaulting to HTML

Thank you for the reference to that Forum posting. We sadly don't scan the forums on a regular basis and missed that.

When we attempt Alistair's solution (i.e., adjust the hyperlinked URL to the Download Content URL) in Microsoft Edge, the browser gets locked in a perpetual loop and never opens the document. We must close the Edge browser completely to stop the looping.

We currently host over 700 individual PDF documents within our hosted account. We have to manually identify and adjust all of the locations where the associated "URL for Viewing:" URLs for these PDFs are made available to users on webpages or embedded in other documents (i.e., MS-Word documents, MS-PowerPoint documents, etc.).

I totally understand that there are countless Adobe Connect customer accounts, both hosted and on-premise, all with different use cases and needs. Given that fact, I also understand implementing a "blanket" repoint of the "URL for Viewing:" URLs to the "Download source file(s)" URLs would not be an acceptable solution.

I WOULD, however, appreciate it if Adobe would provide us a utility wherein we could select stored content and programmatically adjust the URL for Viewing:" URLs  to be the "Download source file(s)" URLs. Manually adjusting those posted hyperlinks is going to be a herculean task for us.

Board footer