Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2021-01-14 04:22:04

poe-DAA Technikum

Access to uploaded files within breakout rooms for all others

Hello everyone,

working with the new Adobe Connect v11 we found the following issue.

If the attendees/guests are in a working group and use the file upload, these files will be available in the "uploaded files" sections througout all breakout rooms.

general situation:

breakout rooms are active – all attendees are assigned and work in the breakout rooms – in our case 40 people in 8 rooms

occures when:

- 1 attendee/guest uploads a file to his files pod

description of issue:

- participants/guests in all other breakout rooms are able to access this data.

Is that an intended feature or are we missing settings? Using this to upload test results, it is critical for us, to not have all other groups have access to all files.

#2 2021-01-19 08:37:33

GRauchfuss

Re: Access to uploaded files within breakout rooms for all others

I may be misinterpreting your issue, but it sounds like you are using the same files pod in all your breakout rooms. That is likely why all the rooms are seeing all the uploaded files.

You could create a unique files pod for each room (Group 1 Upload, Group 2 Upload) and put that pod in the correct room. Then only the people in that breakout room see the files. Hosts can pull the pods up at anytime to retrieve the files.

I usually have the pods visible in the host/presenter area of the main room when I need to access to the files from each room or when I need to give instructors access to download those files for grading.

Hope that helps.

#3 2021-01-21 09:18:12

alistairlee

When a breakout room is created, it uses it's own instance of each pod. So a fileshare pod in Breakout 1 is, by default, different from a similar fileshare pod in Breakout 2.

It's possible to get around this limitation by not including a files pod in the original design when you create the breakout rooms, but adding an existing files pod from the main room into the breakout rooms after they've been created.

It sounds like you've inadvertently used this workflow and ended up with the same instance of the files pod in all of your breakouts.

If you create the breakout rooms on a layout with a files pod, then each breakout will have their own separate instance of a files pod. You can also add a new files pod to each breakout room if they've already been created - just ensure you don't select the existing files pod from the main room.

#4 2021-01-22 07:48:44

poertner

Thanks for your tips, we will make sure to set up the file pods independently and after setting up the breakout rooms. Will keep you updated if that helps.

Yet I think i need to clarify. Our customers can't access the files in the standard files pod, that IS independent.

But if i upload a file in a breakout room, there is (withing the popup window) some sort of history of "recently uploaded files". Through this a customer from BR 1 could access the test results uploaded by BR 4 and reupload to the pod as their own. In some way. Hope i could make the problem clear.

Thanks in advance :)

#5 2021-01-25 14:33:10

alistairlee

Thanks poertner, I believe that's clear.

QQ - does the Files pod in your breakout include the word 'breakout' in the title?

For example, does it say something like: "Files 3" or something like: "Files 3 - Breakout 1"?

#6 2021-02-02 11:10:15

dompoer

Yes, the Pods are all named individually for the Breakout Rooms. For example, "Files Pod Breakout 3"

#7 2021-02-02 11:25:17

hmbgbw

Reading through the topics of this forum I stumbled upon this one – which I wasn’t aware of until now. I tried to retrace that and did the following:

I started a breakout session, switched into a room and added files to a files pod (e.g. files 1 - breakout1). These files are not shown in the files pods in other breakout rooms. However, if I switch to another breakout room and add a file to the “empty” files pod there (e.g. files 2 - breakout2) by using the plus sign, all files uploaded before are listed next to the “Browse your computer” button.
Upload-file-dialog-Connect-11.jpg
Any member of a breakout room could easily add any previously uploaded file to the files pod of its group and therefore gain access to it.
The listed files are identical with the list of the uploaded files in the meeting area in Adobe Connect Central. I couldn’t find any settings to restrict access to those files in any way.
So, I believe this is rather a feature than a bug.
Anyhow, an option to hide the Uploaded Files would be great.

Board footer