Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2021-01-07 12:28:53

cuc1432929781

Standalone Installer for Windows - File that is downloaded?

On the "Adobe Connect Downloads and Updates" page, one of the choices under "Meeting Applications for Adobe Connect" is for this:

"Standalone installer for Windows: Click here to download (download version 2020.12.21 in .exe format, posted 23-Dec-2020). The application version that will reflect in Windows 'Program Files' screen will be 2020.12.21.64."

The URL associated with the text "Click here" is this:
https://www.adobe.com/go/Connect11AppStandalone

Today is 7Jan21, and when I click that link a Save As dialog box opens, and the file name for saving it is "ConnectAppSetup11_2020_12_21.exe"

My question:  In the future, as the most recent version of the exe file changes, will the "Click here" link still lead to the file I am seeing today? Or will the "Click here" lead to the most current exe file on the date I click it?

Why do I want to know? One of my clients wants to send that "Click here" URL to their customers so the customers do not need to go to the "Adobe Connect Downloads and Updates" page first.

Thanks in advance!!

#2 2021-01-07 14:02:20

Jorma_at_CoSo

Re: Standalone Installer for Windows - File that is downloaded?

That link should download the most current version of the App, whatever that may be when clicked.

#3 2021-03-12 14:25:09

SitkaBay

Re: Standalone Installer for Windows - File that is downloaded?

I tested the link that was noted in the original posting. Today is 12Mar21. The link led to the CURRENT AC app download. So Jorma was correct in his reply. Thanks, Jorma.

The question in the original post was:
"In the future, as the most recent version of the exe file changes, will the "Click here" link still lead to the file I am seeing today (7Jan21)? Or will the "Click here" lead to the most current exe file on the date I click it?"

Board footer