Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2021-01-04 13:30:27

Learner123456

Meeting Room Reset - without resetting all layouts

Hi!

Does anyone know how to "reset" a room without resetting all of the layouts?

I have my meeting/training layouts created and I am hoping there is a way to delete all the information typed into chats, reset polls to clear responses,  and automatically restart the room at layout 1, slide 1 for participants and facilitator guide.

I know it can be done because we use a proprietary training program that has that option in their Adobe Connect offerings. I just can't seem to figure out how to do it for our own training.

Thank you!

#2 2021-01-04 13:49:31

natachu

Re: Meeting Room Reset - without resetting all layouts

I haven't done this but this workflow makes sense in my mind. Can someone confirm if this would work or not?

Set up your room how you want it. Make sure it's presentation ready.

Then save that setup as a Meeting Template.

When you are ready to use that room, recreate it from the template and everything will be fresh.

The downside to this is that I think you have to create a new meeting URL every time you want to do this. I'm not sure if you can do this with a meeting that has a custom URL.

#3 2021-01-04 13:54:58

alistairlee

The 'reset layouts' function will reset a room back to its original template.

So, as natachu points out, you could setup a room so it looks exactly how you want it to look, then turn it into a template. When you create a new room based on this template, you'll be able to reset it over and over again to clear the data.

You shouldn't need to create a new meeting URL each time - it would only be required the first time you do this (assuming you didn't use a template with the room setup you want).

#4 2021-01-05 11:03:06

Learner1RMWB

Thank you! I will try your suggestions. I really appreciate the help.

Board footer