Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2020-10-05 03:40:03

Andre Schaub

Installation fo v11 fails and leaves installation broken

Hi,

I've tried to install Connect 11 these days and I'm running into the same problem again and again.

We have Server 2016 running Connect 10.8 with a MSSQL 2017 on Linux. When i run the installer, it finishes with a "non-critical" Error. In fact it is critical because the server (version says still 10.8) stops working. If I try to log in I get an "request not processed" error.

In the install log I find: ERROR DBProcessAction:248 - Install method of DBProcessAction Class threw Errorcom.adobe.connectpro.config.utils.ConfigException

Seems that there is a problem updating the database.

Since the update to 10.8 I made no changes to the database server, etc.

Any hint?

#2 2020-10-05 11:19:44

Andre Schaub

Re: Installation fo v11 fails and leaves installation broken

Update: I'm in contact with the support and there are problems with foreign key restrictions due to very old host-entries in the pps_enum_data_hosts table.

Useful to know: The install log doesn't give very much information. Much more helpful were the cp_install.log in the installation dir.

If things like this would be well documented, most problems would be much more easier to identify.

#3 2020-10-22 08:13:49

ConnectDB

We have the same problem. We would get Apache Tomcat related error when opening Console. cp_install.log has some issues listed on a database, but Adobe is trying to say something about access rights on specific folder, which looks strange for me...

How has the case proceeded for you further?

#4 2020-11-20 05:43:50

ConnectDB

Andre did you solved your problem somehow?

#5 2021-03-10 11:01:47

Andre S.

Yes but it was a very fiddly thing.

I set up a complete new Windows Server (possibly this wasn't necessary but Tomcat didn't start properly on the old one), installed 11.0 and got support updating the database with some scripts.

Finally I transferred the content folder to the new server. Not very satisfying on a live system (we need Connect nearly every day).

#6 2021-09-17 19:40:09

Auto Recorder

hi
contact me on lucky.luck1360[at]gmail.com

Board footer