Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2020-06-09 07:19:52

cuc1591704624

Adobe Connect 10.8 for Hosted Accounts - URGENT

Dear all:

I´m Certified in Connect since 2007.

I saw there´s a new limited versión for On Premise Accounts that allows to use the HTML full.

I´m worried abput the roadmap of Adobe Connect in Hosted Accunts.
Many customers are complaining because they cannot use the camera and share in Adobe with the new interface.

I do not know why Adobe do not send any type of info to the Certied people but anyway I appreciate so much if anybody can let me know the readmap for Hosted Accounts in terms to have the same feautures that 10.8 versión.

ThanKs

#2 2020-06-09 16:15:11

Jorma_at_CoSo

Re: Adobe Connect 10.8 for Hosted Accounts - URGENT

My input on this, posted in the Connect User group on Facebook:

I've seen the topic of 10.8 come up a few times with customers and in the forums, so I thought maybe it would be worth putting some details on what that version contains and why most people will never see it.
The 10.8 version of Connect was intended to be released to accounts hosted by Adobe right about now. However, the changing landscape of the virtual collaboration space forced Adobe to make a shift from updating Connect for hosted accounts to growing the environment to better handle the increased use. This has the side effect of version 10.8 only being made available to on-premise customers. The hosted environment should get the following version of Connect, which could be 10.9 or 11 or somewhere in between.
So, good news, bad news. The good news is that the hosted environment has increased stability and will see a more mature version of the HTML client of Connect in the near future. The bad news is that most users will have to wait a bit longer before Host/Presenter functions are available in their Connect account.
If you want a preview of what's coming for the next version of Connect, feel free to look over the What's New page for Connect.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/43872515425

Board footer