Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2020-05-18 15:04:14

eric_m

Will my audio provider integrate with Connect?

We have an on-premise deployment of Adobe Connect (ver 10.6.1) and have been looking to provide a better audio experience. I noticed on this page: https://helpx.adobe.com/adobe-connect/configure-adobe-connect-telephony-adaptors.html that Avaya can provide integrated telephony. Our company already uses Avaya teleconference lines and equipment. That said, Avaya is not listed in our "audio providers" section of Connect's admin functions.

Not being an expert on either the software side or the telecom side how do I figure out what we already have or what we need to make Avaya play nice with Connect? I have the chance to talk to some telecom pros in our org later this week and would love it if I found out we are a few tweaks away from doing audio breakout rooms.

#2 2020-05-19 14:03:27

Jorma_at_CoSo

Re: Will my audio provider integrate with Connect?

The Avaya adapter is, well, antique. It is also only available for on-premise deployments of Adobe Connect. So, if you have a Hosted account, then you could use Universal Voice to create a profile that calls into your Avaya bridge and broadcasts the phone audio over VoIP and VoIP audio over the phone.

#3 2020-05-19 15:08:09

eric_m

Knowing that, how do I figure out whether we can use the adapter? Is there a certain Avaya product or subscription level required to use it? Does it only work with toll-free Avaya numbers?

I'm really just looking for breakout audio to play nicely, which is what the chart at my original link says it does.

Our other options as an organization are: 1) buy several thousand new headsets that work with VOIP, and for health reasons keep buying them for every hire, or 2) pay for yet another audio provider just for Connect.

I doubt most companies are going to loosen purse strings right now for something they think Zoom does automatically (even though you and I know it isn't that simple).

#4 2020-05-20 09:30:25

Jorma_at_CoSo

Is your Adobe Connect account hosted by Adobe (xxx.adobeconnect.com) or on-premise?

#5 2020-05-20 15:58:41

eric_m

Our vendor says we have an on-premise deployment, but we have an "xxx.adobeconnect.com" address. Is my vendor wrong?

#6 2020-05-20 16:09:40

Jorma_at_CoSo

Yes, your vendor is wrong if you are on the adobeconnect.com domain.

As such, the Avaya adapter wouldn't be an option for your account.

You could look to use the Universal Voice tool in Connect to integrate the audio from your Avaya bridge into Connect. https://helpx.adobe.com/adobe-connect/u … voice.html

On-premise deployments are going to be Adobe Connect environments that are running on servers that you or a managed service provider are responsible for keeping up and running. Just to be clear.

#7 2022-06-14 14:34:03

DaveGordon

Hi Jorma,
I know this thread is pretty old, but I was hoping to clarify something. Are any of Integrated telephony adaptors usable with hosted accounts, or are they only for on-premise implementations?

To that end, is Universal Voice the only option for hosted implementations to integrate conferencing? And does Universal Voice require dialing a toll-free number?

I thank you for your assistance.

Regards.

David Gordon

#8 2022-06-15 01:50:04

Jorma_at_CoSo

David,

The adapters that work with hosted accounts are PGi, Intercall (just purchased by PGi so it may just be that you use PGi), West/NTT/Arkadin, and Meeting One. Any other provider will need to be integrated using Universal Voice, and will require a toll-free number for Connect to use to call into the UV bridge.

Board footer