Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2019-09-26 10:31:47

Battenberg

Participants Ejected from Breakout Rooms

Some of our users are reporting problems in meetings with breakout groups - when they are added to the breakout group they are kicked out of Connect.

Currently this is happening to two of our students (that's about 1%), but for one of them it's always happening - or so he says.  We were initially suspicious, but there are threads dating back many years about problems with breakout groups.

It seems that it's likely to be PC-specific.  Is anyone aware of any other applications or settings that might interfere with Connect, and breakout groups specifically?

#2 2019-09-27 14:29:05

Jorma_at_CoSo

Re: Participants Ejected from Breakout Rooms

Could it be a connectivity issue? Are they on a solid connection or could they be using a shared wi-fi? It could be that the bandwidth demand that gets pushed when moving to a breakout room causes an internet connection drop, which may result in them being 'kicked out' of the room.

#3 2019-10-01 09:12:11

Battenberg

It's worth checking, I suppose - the student is at home in a rural location.  It might also be interference from a neighbour on the same channel - I've noticed from using Wifi Analyser at home that all BT routers appear to operate on the same channel.

Do breakout groups require higher bandwidth?  I'm just wondering why it would be consistently happening as he joins a breakout group.

#4 2019-10-01 10:11:35

Jorma_at_CoSo

The breakout room doesn't require more bandwidth, but there is a burst of data that gets pushed from the server to the user when moving to a breakout room because all new pod instances load. So, we're looking at burst of data being pushed, which may be replicated by switching to a new Layout in the room with all new pods.

Board footer