Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2019-09-24 01:25:22

tofugirl

participant in China with latency issues

Hope I'm posting this in the right spot.

I'm located in China. Surely there are others using Adobe Connect in China??

The lagging and screen freezing has been terrible. Trying to have a meeting with someone in the UK.

Wondering what settings and what do I need to do to improve things. I have tried shutting the anti-virus. Have done the premeeting test for a lan connection. Strong wifi signal and do have decent speed with other applications. Using a vpn sometimes and only helps a little.

Is it just the Adobe Connect server? Is there another to do??

Many thanks and look forward to hearing from experts!

#2 2019-09-24 10:45:42

Jorma_at_CoSo

Re: participant in China with latency issues

There are many factors in what may be causing the issue. If the Connect server is in Europe, that is a long physical route for your connection to take through many internet "jumps" between different routers and switches. Add to that the possible restrictions on internet connectivity to servers outside of the APAC region and it could lead to some latency.

Traditionally VPN connections make things worse for Connect, not better. When you are in the Connect room can you select the connection status icon at the top right of the room (looks like a cell phone reception indicator) and see what your latency numbers are and if there is a 'T' there?

Are the issues you are facing just with this Connect account? Have you see this issue with other Connect accounts that are hosted in the APAC region?

#3 2019-09-24 21:30:54

tofugirl

Thank you for your message.

When in the connect room, I see the connection status, top right, it says - poor - ! The latency numbers I will get for you next time.

It seems like the connect account host is in the EMEA region. I'm the only one in China. How does that work, different people different areas and the host in UK? Any other suggestions??

#4 2019-09-27 14:26:50

Jorma_at_CoSo

I don't think you have a lot of options. If they can host the session on a server that is geographically closer, that may help, but is likely a hard ask. Maybe try a VPN connection that gets you a direct connection closer may help, but VPNs come with their own challenges.

You can also try reaching out to Adobe directly to see if they have any solutions https://helpx.adobe.com/adobe-connect/c … pport.html

#5 2020-01-07 16:52:43

James Andrews

Yes this is because of the firewall.  If you are just a user then there isn't much you can do

However if there are many users in China then the host should consider using an adobe server located inside china so the latency issue goes away as it's inside the firewall

Everyone I hosted for in China used telephone services for audio because of this problem, but it's expensive

Because of this I set up an adobe server INSIDE china so the firewall doesn't affect the latency.  Works great including for VOIP !

Feel free to contact me through linkedin :

https://www.linkedin.com/in/chinaeliteconsulting

Or email me :

eliteconsultingglobal at gmail dot com

Board footer