Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2019-08-21 15:18:14

tagranados

Playback issue with captions and controls

I attend web conferences put on by the Office of Victims of Crime. After the webinar, I go back to watch the recording because I have a learning disability. This means I rely on the captions. Here is the issue I am trying to solve. I couldn't find a search tool so my apologies if this has been asked previously.

During playback, I pause the captions to type notes in a Google Doc. If I toggle the pause/play to continue watching all of the captions go away thus the playback is fine auditorily but the new captions are gone since there is a lag. This means I have to actually back the webinar playback up so that the captions can kick in again and then I can continue. Very, very, very time-consuming. 

I was thinking a 10-second back and 10-second forward button would help but 1) there doesn't seem to be this option in the controls and 2) the captions would likely still be missing since simply pausing and unpausing causes an uproar. They'd still be handy to have so I can take notes against the audio.

The 'Save As' transcript to .txt was my next thought but this isn't working no matter what I do. The option is either grayed out or, if I do get the chance to save, the file is blank when I open it. The wonderful folks at OVC Technical Academy are going to send me copies of the transcripts but this isn't as helpful as having the actual playback work properly.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Ta

Board footer