Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2019-05-17 17:37:10

AlexandreM

Reporting Captivate Results in Connect

Our organization trains dozens of one day students in applications everyday. We are looking to provide a quiz at the end of the day that we can pull a report on tracking their name to their score. We deliver these course to both residential students as well as remote.

I have created quizzes in Captivate and uploaded them to Connect. Here are my current stops:

I cannot seem to bring up the Captivate quiz as an item in a Connect meeting.

The report that Connect generates for both 'Fill in the Blank' and 'Short Answer' questions only states they answered it, not the response they gave.

I need to be able to provide the quiz to students in Connect as well as collect their scores at the end of the day. Any assistance in greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Alexandre

#2 2019-05-22 11:23:33

Jorma_at_CoSo

Re: Reporting Captivate Results in Connect

Alexandre,

Are you publishing the Captivate quiz as Flash, HTML, or both?

The in meeting reports are going to give either the individual responses to each question (By User report) or general breakdown of all user's responses (By Answer). The meeting reports don't track pass/fail status.

To get this full functionality you would need to use a Virtual Classroom and load the Captivate content as a Course in a Share pod of that Virtual Classroom. This is a different license than the Meeting Host license for Adobe Connect.

#3 2019-05-28 18:24:41

AlexandreM

I appreciate the response. What we are trying to avoid due to the volume of students is having to add each of them into an LMS to simply associate a group of responses to a name or organization. We could see 40 students on Monday, a completely different 40 on Tuesday, and so on. It is very unlike a traditional course where students enroll for long terms. The administration of having to manually add each student every day would be unruly.

The hope was to simply have a question during the quiz where a student could answer with a unique identifier so when the .csv was pulled we could see which answers went to which student. The By Answer choice did give us the names, thank you for that. I however, never saw in the reports section a By User choice. Just By Slides, By Question, By Answer.

Thank you for taking the time to respond to my question. Should anyone think of a way this can by done I would be most appreciative.

#4 2019-05-29 12:32:07

Jorma_at_CoSo

The reports in Connect for the Meeting depends on the question type. But If they are Multiple Choice, True/False, or another type that has fixed responses, you should see both reports. Open questions only do the User Response report.

uc?export=view&id=1v4DRyy-qgMl-uBA64LKz_SN-osYoID3A

Board footer