Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2019-04-27 10:28:52

kirkdickinson

Open Mic's that shouldn't be...

Had a Seminar Tuesday. Two or Three times during the seminar I could hear a couple of guys loudly talking. I thought only 3 presenter mics were active.

Logged into the room under Audio/Audio Conference Settings/Audio Conference there is a check box that says "Allow participants to use Microphones"... I have that unchecked. I thought that would make it so only people at the presenter level or the host could use a microphone???

Is there another place to mute all participants without muting the presenters. I had to mute all a couple of times, then re-enable the presenters.

We are having a discussion so I can't use single presenter mode.

#2 2019-04-29 10:41:58

Jorma_at_CoSo

Re: Open Mic's that shouldn't be...

If another Host in the room was granting rights to the mic for VoIP.

If you were using telephone audio as well in the room, then that check box doesn't manage the phone. Users will need to either mute their own phone lines or you will need to use a feature of the phone bridge that mutes participants by default.

#3 2019-04-30 16:28:48

kirkdickinson

Re: Open Mic's that shouldn't be...

Jorma_at_CoSo wrote:

If another Host in the room was granting rights to the mic for VoIP.

If you were using telephone audio as well in the room, then that check box doesn't manage the phone. Users will need to either mute their own phone lines or you will need to use a feature of the phone bridge that mutes participants by default.

I am the only host. 3 Presenters. 50-60 attendees. No phone in. When the Presenters talked, the graph beside their name moves. It wasn't moving. Very strange.

I had to mute all, then re-enable the presenters to get rid of the interruptions.

Kirk

Board footer