Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2019-04-22 21:22:44

kirkdickinson

Disable "Prompt user to change password after next login" for users

I imported about 50 new users from a CSV. I accidentally left the "Prompt user to change password after next login box checked." I didn't want that.

Is there any way to uncheck that for already created users?

#2 2019-04-23 10:16:34

Jorma_at_CoSo

Re: Disable "Prompt user to change password after next login" for users

Nope. If it is that big of a pain point, you can always delete the users and re-upload the list with the box un-checked.

#3 2019-04-23 10:29:59

kirkdickinson

Jorma_at_CoSo wrote:

Nope. If it is that big of a pain point, you can always delete the users and re-upload the list with the box un-checked.

Bummer. The problem is the people on iPads/iPhones using the App. They are prompted to go to the web interface to change their password, which they can't do. Oops!

#4 2019-04-23 12:03:34

Jorma_at_CoSo

They should be able to change their password in the browser. The login screen isn't Flash based.

#5 2019-04-23 13:29:00

kirkdickinson

Jorma_at_CoSo wrote:

They should be able to change their password in the browser. The login screen isn't Flash based.

Well... This is a cattle training seminar. Most ranchers and cattle folk are not very computer literate. The link takes them to the Connect app, but then it tells them to log in on the browser to change their password. From that point, they don't know what to do. Too bad the connect app doesn't have the password change code right in it.

#6 2019-04-23 15:37:32

kirkdickinson

Jorma_at_CoSo wrote:

Can they? Can they really? I just tried and I can't figure it out. Safari only gives you two options:
1. Get Adobe Connect
2. Open Adobe Connect

Apparently Adobe Connect tells them to go to the browser to change the password, but when they get there, they can click Adobe Connect which tells them to go to the browser to change the password, which....   See where this is going??

IMG_0008.PNG

Last edited by kirkdickinson (2019-04-23 15:39:47)

#7 2019-04-24 10:25:07

Jorma_at_CoSo

Sounds like deleting the users and re-uploading them with the box unchecked is the best option. You can then add their re-created accounts to the Seminar and you won't have to deal with this whole change your password workflow.

#8 2019-04-24 15:22:32

kirkdickinson

Jorma_at_CoSo wrote:

Sounds like deleting the users and re-uploading them with the box unchecked is the best option. You can then add their re-created accounts to the Seminar and you won't have to deal with this whole change your password workflow.

Looks like I am going to have to do that. Once the app is loaded, the Adobeconnect website in Safari wants to connect users to the app and won't let them log in.

I had a wreck last light because about 20% of my users were on mobile devices.

Board footer